étude "Michael0008" B6D to BPT to KFZE to KLZE

michael0008

look at the distance between the ports and the plenum on the factory manifold, no way they are half an inch shorter than what you are mocking up now. Not to mention the further distance from the plenum to the throttle body on the stock manifold. Ideally you would want to have longer runners from the ports to the throttle bodies - how about having the throttlebodies themselves sitting over the rocker covers and trumpets in addition?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea the factory runner length is probably tuned to a lower rev range than waht you want to hit. Still need to be aiming for somewhere around that length, not a fan of putting a 90 degree bend on the end!

As phill said how about doing it like below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=153175&stc=1&d=1291009607

alfa-v6-24v-sf45-throttle-body-kit-ckal02

132894d1211493653-nice-intake-manifold-itb-thread-itb3.jpg

This doesnt give you a very good entry into the port but is probably the best packaging wise for runner length, then work out some kind of plenum

Thye panel filter in the bonnet looks like a good rain catcher!

Ideally with heaps of space you would do it as you are now/below

ITB_interesting2.jpg

i see where you guys are coming from , by the way i was just meaning the height of the factory manifold not the length of the runners.The bends would of been similar to what the sliver tops have as stock in the plenum

only thing would be worrying about having them angled would start to put plenum very close to the radiator and exhaust manifolds and entry of the ports... :?

i do like the above keen to give it a go! :) ,but wouldn't it get crazy hot like that even with heat wrapped exhaust and plates to absorb the heat?

heat is the only thing worrying about the above :?

pic for idea of bonnet space and where it would put the trumpets

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz340/michael0008/SAM_0228.jpg

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz340/michael0008/SAM_0283.jpg

Just on a phone so can't post sweet pics but check this link for some suggestions for an airbox setup. Obviously you have space issues, but a compact version of below could be worth looking at.

http://www.google.co.nz/search?tbm=isch ... ih=208#p=0

But overall who cares. No one does ITBs and my opinion is suboptimal ITBs are better than the perfect setup that doesn't fit or that you will never get going. And any ITBs are better than a standard boring intake!

that is true, got to love oldschool! :wink:

ah yes seen that! that would work sweet just have the air coming from gbox side and just get a bit grinder happy to some of the bonnet support and weld some bars in

that modeo reminds me of this lantis which has a very similar setup http://www.club323f.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34772&start=330

to steel and tube again for some bends next week then 8)

• 2 months later...

oh my

just the usually setup changed again supercharger found its way on my engine :lol:

boost is back

eaton m90 sc off a ford thunderbird 3.8 plan now is to run a water / methanol setup into the roots and a water to air intercooler if i can fit it in the manifold im going to make over the week, then widen the track 2.5cm each side to match the lantis track

scm90.jpg

cant be ass with fitting the itbs and tuning and the sc got my attention. now lets see the hater comments coming :lol:

• 1 month later...

Oh my... This is a cool thread. I'll certainly be badgering you for ideas, advice, tips etc in these engines. In fact I'll start now.

The dizzy setup looks different on yours. I think I have a 1.8 k8ze as that's the engine that the jam eunos 500 was sold with. It has a separate Coil with ignite next too it. I have read that some models- maybe the DE versions, have a dizzy and combined coil unit?

The engine I am removing from the eunos, pulling it out this morning, has a JE50 airflow meter- again I think this is fitted to the ZE models.

Second question is..

What ecus will run what engines. From what I have gathered the ZE ecus will run any ZE engine be it 1.8, 2.0 or 2.5. But a DE Ecu won't run a ZE engine to its maximum performance. If this is not the case then I will need to source a ZE Ecu in the future when I go to fit the 2.5 ZE engine. I will be starting with the 1.8 first as I know it runs fine and it's more fun going up in power not down..

The car will be certed as a 2.5 though. Nice that to the uninformed they are all the same externally...

Oh my... This is a cool thread. I'll certainly be badgering you for ideas, advice, tips etc in these engines. In fact I'll start now.

The dizzy setup looks different on yours. I think I have a 1.8 k8ze as that's the engine that the jam eunos 500 was sold with. It has a separate Coil with ignite next too it. I have read that some models- maybe the DE versions, have a dizzy and combined coil unit?

The engine I am removing from the eunos, pulling it out this morning, has a JE50 airflow meter- again I think this is fitted to the ZE models.

Second question is..

What ecus will run what engines. From what I have gathered the ZE ecus will run any ZE engine be it 1.8, 2.0 or 2.5. But a DE Ecu won't run a ZE engine to its maximum performance. If this is not the case then I will need to source a ZE Ecu in the future when I go to fit the 2.5 ZE engine. I will be starting with the 1.8 first as I know it runs fine and it's more fun going up in power not down..

The car will be certed as a 2.5 though. Nice that to the uninformed they are all the same externally...

oh no you again haha :-D

not too sure whats the deal with the dizzys i think they just chucked the external coil ones on when ever they did randomly, because the kfze(2l) i had was out of a lantis type r with the lsd and it had a internal coil..

but do stay with the external coil setup as the internal ones are known for crap performance and burning out

from what i gather people use the k8 ecu and the mx3 afm which is the je50 same as the 2.5 one and loom on there klze ,as they don't have to change wiring but not used to 100% of power but still work fine.

i don't think you can use a kf(2l) ecu and afm on a klze(2.5l) as some of the wiring is different and i think the vris points are different on the ecu soo won't work so well, but the k8 vris points are closer matched to the klze(2.5l)

there how ever is a base map i have in my hands for megasquirt and theres a pnp setup out for mx3 for the klze and theres some people around that can chip the k8 ecu to match the klze.

sorry if im making it confusing with all the klze klde ect can get very confusing quick but keep posted as would love to see your one done rwd in a little viva

You sir are awesome. Im loving it!!!

cheers hopefully very soon make some big progress on it and go for a drive in it for the first time in 2 years a 1 month and with the v6 :badgrin: those moments are very sad when i sit in it and pretend it was drivable :-(

sweet- I'll keep my dizzy setup as it is then.

I cant imagine its huge differences on the fuel maps between a K8 and KLze? But from what you say my K8 ECU wont run the KF engine thats on its way from westport. Bugger. I guess I would just have to jump straight from the K8 to the KL. Unless you still have the ECU for your KF? Does the KF use the JE50 vaf?

Im still looking at the idea of running a standalone ecu but all that can wait. The thing that appeals about a new ecu is I could ditch the vaf and use a hot wire maf or a map sensor and loose the big restriction. Plus I can change the maps to suit which ever engine. But its all money too....

Have you bought a MS2 yet?

actually have a google or look on the 323f forum, as all the cba lantis have 2l v6 stock in them and most of them upgrade to the klze but surely someone on there has keep the stock kf ecu and afm.

um not sure if i have vaf or ecu still but will have a look, the vaf is different it has b6d written on it..

i did have a ms2 v3 but sold it last week but soon will be in the market for a ms2 v3.5 with 3 coils in wasted spark and klze base map load on ready :)