why does my car sit lower on one side

coldturkey

I thought this was the springs worn out but I have put new springs all round in it. The driver side sits about 20mm lower then the passenger side (with nobody in it), particulary at the back.

Or maybe when I got the back springs compressed one side ended up softer some how?

Its a HC Viva. Solid rear axle, double-wishbone front with coils all round.

To fix it should I just get the RHS-rear spring extended by 20mm? This should hopefully also bring the LHS-front down slightly due to more weight over it.

Haha yep mine had the mega lurch to the driver's side going on too! I would try swapping the rear springs from one side to the other to see if that helps, otherwise perhaps get the car up on a hoist with a scissor jack on the driver's side lifting it up so it's leaning to the passenger side slightly, then undo all the suspension arm bolts to reshift the bushing positions - they could have been moved ever so slightly over time in such a way that they have more resistance to go lower/higher in the travel on one side.

Install permanemnt fat bish on the passenger side

Use her for Sex

???

Profit?

Interesting. However this is fail because when holding people captive for long periods of time you must spend money on food.

And also it is 90mm off the ground on the drivers side rear = no love from the po po

could be to do with the shocks?

fitted new front shock inserts in my brumby yesterday and the height at the front is noticeably higher.

should actually be about 8-10mm lower as I turned down the bottoms of the nuts which adjust height.

Its not shocks, the rear set are brand new.

I have heard that sometimes when they compress springs they mess them up. They looked the same height but perhaps one has gone softer.

I thought this was the springs worn out but I have put new springs all round in it. The driver side sits about 20mm lower then the passenger side (with nobody in it), particulary at the back.

Or maybe when I got the back springs compressed one side ended up softer some how?

Its a HC Viva. Solid rear axle, double-wishbone front with coils all round.

To fix it should I just get the RHS-rear spring extended by 20mm? This should hopefully also bring the LHS-front down slightly due to more weight over it.

could be to do with the shocks?

fitted new front shock inserts in my brumby yesterday and the height at the front is noticeably higher.

should actually be about 8-10mm lower as I turned down the bottoms of the nuts which adjust height.

Its not shocks, the rear set are brand new.

I have heard that sometimes when they compress springs they mess them up. They looked the same height but perhaps one has gone softer.

Hang on a tick, did you put new springs in or compressed springs in?

Is it possible that one (or several ) springs have not seated correctly?

The standard springs are 40 years old, they have been binned (but saved for potential WoF issues).

The front two are new springs, they have been cut, to the same height.

The back two are out of a E36 BMW, so they arent that old, they have been compressed.

I can't be assed swapping the springs over because nothing is working for me right now! I'll try in the weekend. And I have CLS (Chronic Laziness Syndrome).

Whats the thing called thats kinda like a sway bar but only connects individually to the lower arm on each side?

Anyway, this thing is a little bent on the drivers side, being that its on the front I cant see how it would have much affect on the rear height, but i'll pull the one off the parts car and see if it makes a difference.

Caster rods is one name for them

has anyone stated that sometimes cars have Different spring rates for left and right to counter weight drivers being in the car?

Toyotas like to do this. have a feeling this has happened on my Cressida wagon, as i cut the same of my rear coils and one is captive and one isnt.

Also to all the people that say changing shocks wont make a car raise up or anything. then how come i have seen it happen so many times before?