More power from diesel

EvoBilly

On the back of the pump, where the high pressure lines to the injectors are, is the adjustment you are after.

It is a screw that is held in place with a 10mm lock nut, get a 12mm socket on there, undo the lock nut and turn the screw clockwise to adjust the main rail.

Try 1/2 a turn at a time, you will have to back off the idle after you do this.

being a 2 litre diesel it's probably just underpowered anyway....

you might be right lol but it took me 30km foot flat on the floor to just hit 100kmh by the time it got there i was in a 80km area so had to slow down i would at least like to hit 100 just a little faster not after a race car :D

If you wind up the fuel enough to get any noticeable power put of it you will belch black smoke and use a third more fuel.

My Citroen only pumps out grey smoke on full mash of throttle and if anything it uses less fuel cos I'm not thrashing it in a lower gear to power up hills - what I could only do in 2nd at 3000rpm I'm now doing in 3rd at 2000rpm..

Also check you are getting full throttle - was a cosmic difference once I figured out I was only getting half throttle..

Though things could be different on a Jap diesel as opposed to a Euro diesel..

If you wind up the fuel enough to get any noticeable power put of it you will belch black smoke and use a third more fuel.

My Citroen only pumps out grey smoke on full mash of throttle and if anything it uses less fuel cos I'm not thrashing it in a lower gear to power up hills - what I could only do in 2nd at 3000rpm I'm now doing in 3rd at 2000rpm..

Also check you are getting full throttle - was a cosmic difference once I figured out I was only getting half throttle..

Though things could be different on a Jap diesel as opposed to a Euro diesel..

I thought they were turbo?

We smashed the lock stop off the work 1C Corolla and wound the fuel up as far as we could.

It started at about 32kw atw and would do about 700k on a tank.

Got it to 44kw and proceeded to cover the tail gait in smuts, smoke out the street and use a tank in under 400kays.

So yeah it did go a lot better but not something you would do.

I think dad detuned them when they got them but still.

If you do find the fuel screw it's all good to give it a bit more, but not 6 turns :lol:

my partners dad owns a workshop so i have use of everything but don't know how to weld and don't have the money for a turbo i think its just gonna stay as it is and go up for sale

Any one want to buy a 1992 mazda bongo 2ltr diesel 5 speed striped out rear good for camper or carrying shit dirtbike etc :)