KK's Slamiler

KKtrips

lol 100mm

Looks like my one will follow the Corona into the cert shop.

Mines gon be 50mm - unloaded.

Cert for a light trailer shouldn't be too hefty.

Better cut me a deal.

Cameron, I'm stealing your spring idea. It allows bumpiez.

• Like 1

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

seems easy azz to pull off.

also lol at 50mm off ground. that only allows for a like, tiny rise at the towbar and you're fucked. I'd personally stay at around 150mm minimum

haha I got 450lb rear springs and short shocks.

If my tow bar moves 40mm up the wheels are off the ground :badgrin:

Sure it's going to drag it's arse through carpark entrances and speed bumps but shouldn't on the open road / caster wheels.

Yes, Caravan on bags would be awsome, also an idea i have had, if I had a reason for a caravan, but I dont, because im a wagoneer.

So my best bet would be to fuck off the leafs all together and go for like a canter lever sort of setup, here is some sweet original Art to show what i mean (hopefully)

Trailer.jpg

Allan

don't run a leaf spring upside down.

my reasoning:

You're going to be a target for the feds with a trailer this bangin'. What you probably need to do is jump from loophole to loophole.

Sheries Dad I'm sure will wof you whatever you do but, that doesn't help you when you're on the side of the road with some chump popo rookie straight out of police college who's pissed at you because you're about to crack into a sweet new years otp and he has to work the late shift on new years eve.

I reckon, add a small frame to house the leaf spring next to the wheel. Not only will it make the spring run the right way up, you'll have a much sweeter ride to keep you steinies from bubbling over when you stop, it'll fly through wofs, and you'll not have the spring go wayward and ruin your day when the trailer frame hits the deck in a bad way. the cops can't tell you your suspension isn't up to scratch either.

the next loophole is ride height - get it so it's like 100mm exactly, then you don't have to worry about cops being homos about 'needing cert'. your initial wof on a first reg'd trailer should cover this but again, cops not in the know about rules are everywhere, and you don't need the hassle.

lighting will need to be followed closely. there's a minimum height of lights on trailers i believe.

the frame will also help stop your shit getting sucked into the wheel. bonza!

plus there's always the thing of a flipped spring looking bodgetatic as fuck like that m burroughs trailer. not alot o thought gone into that i wouldn't have thought. all it takes is one good bump for the spring to bend the wrong way and it'll pop out of the slipper. triple pinned shackle type springs are $$$ as these days unless using old cars ones, and those will make it flex like a mofo, leaving you dragging the frame on the ground 90% of the time, which although lol as, will get ollllld quickly.

here's a pic of my idea. the red is the spring. purple being the fabled 'frame' idea.

kkler.jpg

loosely adhere to the light trailer laws and it'll be soooo sweet, and untouchably legit. carry ltnz factsheets with you to bum cops out and a foghorn to be all 'wup whhaarrrrrrrppppp' when they get shot down.

Wise words mang - will definitely be taking the legality and non cop magnet considerations into account..

I'll be going for 100-120mm off the ground cos when I go camping its often down average to poor access roads so too low will be a drag (LEWL)

Biggest non-cop stuff will be not retarded low, having the correct lighting and making the suspension function safely..

Watch this space..

Picked it up today - looks way better than I thought it would - rusty but not fucked - looks meeeean and tows beautifully even with no weight..

144130742_full.jpg

Got the Makita out and chopped off the corners

pa120049.jpg

pa120053.jpg

Nikkuh flip ahoy... best part it rolls around the workshop floor - I chucked 200kg weight on it and it was 5mm of the floor but still rolled around the floor with ease..

pa120055.jpg

Appropriate scale measurement (unloaded)

front

pa120059.jpg

rear

pa120060.jpg

Weather was ass today so pissed around a little bit to get the creative juices flowing..

flipped the axle to the other side of the leaves - sits at 110-120mm off the ground unloaded and sags about 30mm with a couple people standing on the frame.. I think this is going to be ideal Neil..

pa170082.jpg

pa170087.jpg

pa170088.jpg

pa170091.jpg

pa170097f.jpg

Pretty keen to get this sorted...

Cheers for the wheels Dadams... LOL

HAH - I'll roll it and see how I go with them this way - Or I'll grab a couple of spings with eyes on both ends and make the necessary mods...

the springs shouldn't break - there seriously is almost no pressure on them - its not going to be carting a ton of builders mix every Sunday anymore..