shizzls 81 tranny van discussion

Beaver

the back of the van will get lined with 5mm mdf, or ply, and a shit load of little hooks on it to hang my spanners and shit on, racks for pliers and other tools, so i dont have to take a tool box with me, theyll be there allready clinging to the walls..

it comes with a back seat which is good,parts compartments will go under the seat for hubs, calipers and other bullshit bits of mass importance...

ill get one of those little compressors from supercheap and mount it under the van and have a hose at the rear door,and a switch to turn it on...

its gonna be sweeeeet decking it out...

itll get a simple cd/mp3 player, 6x9s and some components up front,thats all, never had any decent sounds since i was a youngin....

itll get dropped for sho, dont know if any rims will fit it other than whats on it...

but pics of boosted skids will be shown asap!!!!!!!!!!!!

pitty its auto, but that may change if the auto is shit

I'd expect with the torque of a diesel turbo the auto should be pretty sweet. Generally they seem just just find where the wad of torque is and just sit there pulling, which works perfectly. Manuals you need to find where the sweet spot is and can sometimes be jumping between the rations, as much as I do love manual.

I don't want to be negative, but I don't think the camo idea is a winner. It would look terrible on the van and be difficult when covering such a large surface/single colour.

Super awesome van though, I'm actually pretty jelous, not that I'm in the market for a van or anything. The shape is cool, those engines seem good even without the turbo and with a quick refresh it should be perfect for what you are after. Just no camo :D

hahaha i actually pictured lake pipes on it but not with a diesel ae...unless theres no baffling at all...haha

yeah i couldnt really picture the van cammoed looking all that good either..

maybe just dark green kinda like the base colour on the stockcar..

my trailer will also be getting a enclosed tyre rack and be painted the same as the van...

need to look pro......lol

straight pipe side out plz

wind up fuel and boost.

hopefully the smoke issue is jsut fuelling/something ridiculously stupid like a blocked air filter. wouldnt that be nice?

auto in this will be so sweet. lean back, one hand on steering wheel, other hand clutching a pie, and you're off.

so much potential

not feeling the camo either, though. you should do it up like some old english company spec. or government agency, and it'll be mean as.

some joker in brooklyn, wellington has an old daf ldv done up like some RAF group.

also an s1 landrover done up in 50s garage regalia, and a rangerover in similar guise to the daf. . so sweet

or some weird signwriting for some place that sounds like it's a front for an organised crime sindicate.

• 3 months later...