LOUVRES pressed in alloy bonnet: who does this?

RoverP6B

OK there are plenty steel craftsmen up that way.

Keeping it in the "OS family" I believe Matamata panelworks can do them JasonK from here works for them.

But these guys here would be your next port of call..

http://www.rocketspeedequipment.com/contact.php

would be great to see some pics of the end job..

I'm not sure if we do them or not lol we dont have a louvre machine but could do them by hand I'd say, will ask on monday

• 12 years later...
5 minutes ago, dmulally said:

Bump!

Anybody have any recommendations on who can do this in the north island?

Cheers

What are you wanting to do? 

Not sure how op got on in the end. But depending what your budget it you may be disappointed.

Looking at the bonnet posted originally there is a few days work to punch those louvers and paint ontop of that. Becomes 2 3 4k pretty quick 

Marking out is extremely time consuming as there is no going back if there crooked haha 

I was able to cut off the under-bonnet bracing which made it a little floppy but after the stamping is done I can weld in some box tubing to help out. I've coated it in acid to help keep it from rusting in the meantime. Sadly there was a thick layer of bog on it so it will need a bit of mucking around when it comes back to blend it back in.

Dropping it off this weekend so I'll report back when done. 

Imp Bonnet.jpg

• Like 4

My 2c on the matter having done a fair few of them.

I highly recommened spending a bit of extra money and having him run a test panel in the form of a strip. To be honest I would be surprosed if he doesn't already have some made for this purpose.

That way you can sit it over you bonnet and make sure you are 100% happy with the layout/spacing before turning a bonnet into a cheese grater. Just marking out the punch lines isn't enough. Its really hard to visualise.

Yeh it can get expensive with the extra time, but so can buying more bonnets.

• Like 5