keltik's 79 Subaru Hatch

Simon

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the custom friction plate, then discovered that the pressure plate was very tight inside the bell housing and the release bearing didnt fit. So i have had to bin the idea of a 2.0l clutch and am going to source a 1.6 flywheel for the engine.

Carb still hasnt turned up after the courier lost it, so am hunting for a new one.

Daily driver needs to be certed for its wof due this week.

Massive pain in the arse.

• 4 weeks later...

Got the intake back from the shop today.

Will have it on the motor with the carb fitted up by the end of the night. Just need to do some plumbing on the weekend and get some headers and she should start.

Getting excited. On the list of shit left to do;

Sort out a rear mount for the gearbox

Build an exhaust

Fit a tacho and temp gauge

hatchwheels.jpg

Liking the new wheels. Got a new rust free door. Got the throttle linkage sorted. Got some headers. Fitted the alternator. Finished plumbing up the coolant system.

Now shitting myself because the next job is rust repair. And in that area i have no expertise and have only ever had bad experiences.

Just needing some adapters for the gearbox mounts, a clutch cable and an exhaust before i can take it for a fang.

• 3 weeks later...

Good work on getting it going.. I'm not that familiar with the EJ22's and TBH I didn't know they came out carbed...

Anyhow I do know that the EJ18 carb models had pretty much identical problems to those you describe and it came down to almost all the carbs have prematurely worn throttle spindle shafts.. ie - it is bloody hard to find a decent one..

Perhaps look at making a adapter plate and mounting a different type of carb altogether.. perhaps a 32/36 DFAV weber from a Pinto?

Good work on getting it going.. I'm not that familiar with the EJ22's and TBH I didn't know they came out carbed...

They dont

Perhaps look at making a adapter plate and mounting a different type of carb altogether.. perhaps a 32/36 DFAV weber from a Pinto?

He did

enginein.jpg

:D

• Like 1