Yoeddynz's 1985 Hino N0915 housetruck build.

yoeddynz

what thickness is that? we bought 2.4 x 1.2 sheet of 3mm for $270. we wanted 3mm as most of our frames were not made with it in mind so any thicker and we'd be out over the edge.

$1200 for i imagine 4mm with scratch proof coating at that size seems ok. Still bloody expensive shit though eh- me thinks someone down the line is getting rich!

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey mate,

been following your build since that start. Amazing work really and also a good read just like your rotavette and rx3 builds. Reminds me heaps of the house my mum n dad built in Whitianga that i was raised in (had the woodburner stove and stained glass windows etc aswell + my dads handcrafted furniture). Keep up the hard work, cant wait to see it finished!

Chur

Cheers for that. Its good posting it all up- if only to look back and see how far we have come when things are going slowly.

We are building the shower right now and its coming along nicely. Plus we just scored a wicked oldschool LPG oven with an eye level grill !!!! A rare thing in NZ!

• 2 weeks later...

what we've done in the past works a treat- seal all edges, corners and then a good paint job with quality enamel paint. works fine. really glad we have a s/s tray though!

Our Rennai reu-68et califont wont work. Its an automatic igniting one... and it wont fucking ignite! Batterys are good, gas is getting there, water pressure seems ok. i wish they just kept making the older models that had a pilot light like ive had in the past!

Anyone reading this have any ideas?

ha ha i wish it were that easy. I'm gonna put a picture up of the inside of this sucker. Its got a box of bloody electronic tricks. Its just a water heater but leave it to the jap's to make it more complex. I've got another old old palomar one i brought back - being english(i think?) it will be simple and work. But it will probably leak..

• 1 month later...

The 10th day was Monday and he thought 'sod it- I ain't going into work today- i'll sit in the sun instead' and put the kettle on.

yeah spare room at back- will fit a single mattress nicely. Hannah's Mums coming over from the UK so there we go -sorted.