Yoeddynz's 1985 Hino N0915 housetruck build.

yoeddynz

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The build is looking sweet. I'm still concerned about the strength of the over hanging bedroom area, but I guess the steel is thicker and stronger looking than the photos suggest? Just thinking about the weight of the cladding, waterbed etc.... Keep up the good work, I'm real keen to watch the progress with this.

all the steel forwards of cab came to 100kg- a lot lighter than it looks! The ply on the roof is about 60kg plus rafters at about maybe 30kg. There will be cladding but that will also serve to add shear strength to the overhang. The bed wont be heavy. Maybe an air mattress filled with helium? Funny voices at night....

I did end up adding extra bracing and gussets after a few days of looking at it but i recken that if I welded one piece of the RHS to the roof of my Viva and bolted a chain to the other end I could lift the car up from a crane - until the poor old roof rips out.... viva weighs in at maybe 750kg.

I wont do that though - I dont have a crane.

When ya stand up there with 2 on very front and jump about the whole truck moves- thats more of a problem- its ruined for track days!

Oh ok- what- could he get some badges?... what we want are some old style hino badges for our doors- with script type of font.

I don't even know if Hinos ever had a style like this though. There seem to be sod all info out there on Hinos actually- not much on older ones. They just don't seem to have any sort of following -unlike other trucks such as bedfords, fodens, erfs etc....

Volvos- I loved volvos when I was a kid and built a model one or two...(its all coming out now.... :oops: )

Anything scandinavian is going to be tough- like their cars. If you break down in the middle of nowhere around the artic circle surrounded by just snow and lose your heating your fucked.

Hino built cars! ?

Google search time....