Yoeddynz's 1985 Hino N0915 housetruck build.

yoeddynz

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Measured it today- its about 4.1 at the back and 4.15 at the front- legal limit is 4.25. Which most big trucks are at. I followed one through coast road tunnel near kaikoura which are 4.35 max. They have actually cut corners in the curve of tunnel to allow for bigger modern trucks! The truck I followed only just squeezed through! :shock: lucky ours has a pitched roof eh- still going to line it up carefully for the tunnels.

I know there are some places we wont be able to take it- I think there are some low height bridges on west coast road? we will have to do research before travels!!!

I drove it today around the block and reversed it back in - shit its freaky- its hard to tell where the front is and mirrors were not set right. And boy did it get some looks!

BTW josh- are you checking out the hotrods this weekend? Lansdowne park i think

Oh that's ok then, yea I was mostly thinking about those kaikoura tunnels. Na I'm heading back to chch tomorrow (live there now) and didn't realise there was some hot rod thing on untill I saw a bunch of hot rods cruising round when I went out for a beer before....ah well!

I think posh ones might level out but no ours- there will be a step up of about 40mm.

You can buy posh kits in the states with all the fancy electric drive stuff but ours will just roll out and get locked in place with a couple of catches.

fuck yeah- that big eagle in the photo in trademe link- wow. thats the bizzo.

im not against roof racks- our sunny has one and has transported many sheets of ply. van has one too- its all bent down now after picking way too big a load of wood for truck.

but filling them full of crap - just a bit far. At last years retro show in blighty there was even one fella with a stand selling crap to go on roofracks....

crap.jpg

Just carve your own with a chainsaw... could be a work in progress whenever you stop pop the ladder up and whittle away at it till it's perfic...

one of my favorite oldschool builds btw, you are friggin amazing Alex! (and Hannah too!!)