Yoeddynz's 1985 Hino N0915 housetruck build.

yoeddynz

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats something you'll never forget! ha ha. just picturing it :D

I used to hate old 70's/80's shit like these lights. I am now strangely drawn to it. S/S or alloy spot lights just would not look right in our 'old working men's club meets RSA foyer' on wheels.

left hook wont scare me. Gingernuts and mugs of tea are always readily accepted.:)

I managed to build up and fit two of the orange lights last night. What a funky glow and pattern they put out. Will post up picture.

Started sleeping in truck now. One of mum's cats is on heat- and only 2 weeks after she had a kitten (the cat -not mum) so last night we were kept awake by horny tomcats looking for the town bike.

Seriously though man - how much would it cost to build this in cold hard cash providing you start out with only hand tools and a welder - labour is another thing altogether but not a factor so much in this equation...

You have a knack/eye for sweet old recyclable parts..

Yeah- but then we have no little kittens running around. They are posh cats and dont/cant catch birds anyway.

We did some rough sums a while back and if we were to pay two people to build the truck at say $20 an hour over the time we have taken we would be looking at around 90-100 grand inc truck and materials!

Its so fun building it though (most of the time) - but we must start working again. I'm trying to ignore that. The sun is out.

we all be your friends! I'll start selecting the cars I want to buy now.

I keep looking at land- murchison/nelson lakes area etc. Found this...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =326621616

Oh I wish there was more happening around that region. I dont want to be a hermit and I have to think about being on a tourist trail plus close enough to places that will have supplies I need. But wow that is so cheap when compared to what idiots ARE spending on dry flat barren blocks of land in marlborough!

Oh how I just want a little block of land- and then I hear about things like this...

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6AA5M620101112

How the fuck can a fucking vase be worth that amount!!! That would go towards helping a lot of people out in the world.....as well as buying me a Ferrari dino 246 that I want.

• 1 month later...