fuel's 1982 Mitsubishi Galant GT

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the buttons on the right display your average km/h speed, a distance of kms you have travelled, how many L of fuel you have used, and what the current fuel consumption is, with the reset button under the four modes to reset the data to 0.

on the left is a stopwatch with the buttons to make it start/stop, split lap counting etc

on the bottom left are the buttons to set the alarm clock (yes, alarm clock), and on the bottom right are the buttons to display and set the clock.

One of my old starions had the velnas system in it... Used to work most of the time, then occasionally it would just flash up stars and random characters... We refered to it as 'entering Starion time'.

Sweet ride man :)

I prefer the flat light look myself, but i think the recessed ones would look better with the chrome bumpers.... hmmmm. If you could find a euro-lip that would be mean.

5 stud starion bits and widebody starion wheels... doooo iiiiiiit.

One of my old starions had the velnas system in it... Used to work most of the time, then occasionally it would just flash up stars and random characters... We refered to it as 'entering Starion time'.

Sweet ride man :)

I prefer the flat light look myself, but i think the recessed ones would look better with the chrome bumpers.... hmmmm. If you could find a euro-lip that would be mean.

5 stud starion bits and widebody starion wheels... doooo iiiiiiit.

Yeah this one resets everything (including the clock) every time you start it up. Not sure what's up with that. Sometimes it wont display a character or two when you start it up, next startup it'll be fine.

I want to do the 5 stud and big brake swap to the Eterna, if I could track down some widebody wheels that would be mega too.

also I txted you while I was in chch, but someone was too snobby to txt back!

• 1 month later...
So. DASH head + pistons on your existing RWD G63B block = win?

or is it slightly more convoluted than that...

More or less. The DASH engine actually uses the same pistons (16V) as the VR-4 so will just get a set of aftermarket pistons pretty cheap and do bearings + gaskets at the same time etc.

The engine comes with two ECUs, AFM etc but no wiring loom, but I will sort something out.

So turns out you didn't buy the one from Queenstown I was thinking of. Guess there were two down here!

Old man is rolling a turbo one around. If I see him again I may offer some beans for his wip...

Oh serious! Haha, no doubt if it pops up on trademe it'll be mine anyway :P

You should get some sneeky pics of it.

Yeah this one resets everything (including the clock) every time you start it up. Not sure what's up with that.

Maybe it uses an internal battery or something to retain the memory when the car's battery voltage dips, and this is knackered..

Anyway, you need a Cordia GSR now for your FWD Dash engine. The Galant GT can wait / just put a rota in it! :lol:

More or less. The DASH engine actually uses the same pistons (16V) as the VR-4 so will just get a set of aftermarket pistons pretty cheap and do bearings + gaskets at the same time etc.

The engine comes with two ECUs, AFM etc but no wiring loom, but I will sort something out.

oh mint, that'll be nice and easy. It's no DOHC head I guess, but still pretty intriguing/unique.

spose you'd have to run the factory ECU as well, to get the "dual action" benefits of that "super head" :lol:

man, if I could find a widebody DASH Starion in Japan I'd be all over it in a flash. But 99% of them are the yucky truck engined ones :doubt:

He could maybe run the non-dash ecu, and just get an rpm switch for the 12 valve-ular action. The injectors are top feeds, not side feeds like other Starion ones (I think) so a bit of elec-trickery could be used presumably. Pretty hard to find a DASH ecu