fuel's 1982 Mitsubishi Galant GT

Where do you keep finding these? :?

I never see them on the roads.

It is in the spirit of 1980s Mitsubishis that this car eventually be converted back to EFI Turbo. Your turbo also ought to have a big sticker on it saying "TURBO", so people know. :lol:

In the photo of the car side-on in a field, it reminds me slightly of 1980s Subarus, with the white paintjob emphasising the square styling. Lower it and don't park it in fields and you'll be fine! :wink:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Fucking. Way. omg

I had seen this around here with the old dude driving it. Thought to myself, bet that fuel cunt of oldschool would love this wip.

How did you find out about it? Looked pretty tidy, followed around a couple of times up hills etc and wasn't blowing smoke or anything. ie, was travelling behind it, not stalker styles.

And yuh, that's zqn hard bhey.

Nice find Phil! 8) I take it you must of picked it up down South? Cause I'm sure we don't have mountains like that up the N.I?

Looks good. You should so flip the rear spoiler and use it as a chin on the front bumper! :lol:

yeah mate flew down to queenstown and the owner met me at the airport, drove it further south to invercargil and bluff then headed back up the east coast

I want to find a euro spec front valance for it anyway, have one on eliots sapporo I have now but it's quite damaged.

If that grille fits over the quad lamps then that would be kind of sweet looking, as for the full large lamp look. Not that taken by it.

Also, a request from my mate who bought Zac's old one, if you're parting that blue one out, could he have the front support panel from it, from side to side. The chap who had his before him cut huge holes in his to fit inter-cooler piping or something retarded. :rolleyes: So his has big sections missing where the inner half of the headlamp buckets bolt onto.

No. Fucking. Way. omg

I had seen this around here with the old dude driving it. Thought to myself, bet that fuel cunt of oldschool would love this wip.

How did you find out about it? Looked pretty tidy, followed around a couple of times up hills etc and wasn't blowing smoke or anything. ie, was travelling behind it, not stalker styles.

true didn't realise it had been in chch! the guy I got it off was in his 40s but he was actually selling it on behalf of his nephew who lives in the states who is around my age. I know there's another white Galant GT in the south island somewhere, had been on trademe for a little while for something like $2500, it was a facelift one though. uncle silvia saw it in Nelson and took a photo of it, perhaps it resides there now?

If that grille fits over the quad lamps then that would be kind of sweet looking, as for the full large lamp look. Not that taken by it.

Also, a request from my mate who bought Zac's old one, if you're parting that blue one out, could he have the front support panel from it, from side to side. The chap who had his before him cut huge holes in his to fit inter-cooler piping or something retarded. :rolleyes: So his has big sections missing where the inner half of the headlamp buckets bolt onto.

ah real yeah I could do that, though will check if the facelift support panel is different to the prefacelift. I ended up hacking a little bit off my radiator panel to fit my intercooler piping, but it was more elongating the existing holes which were there.

No. Fucking. Way. omg

true didn't realise it had been in chch! the guy I got it off was in his 40s but he was actually selling it on behalf of his nephew who lives in the states who is around my age. I know there's another white Galant GT in the south island somewhere, had been on trademe for a little while for something like $2500, it was a facelift one though. uncle silvia saw it in Nelson and took a photo of it, perhaps it resides there now?

I beleeb the master of mixing resides in Q-town now.

Keep me up to date with your discoveries re: front support.

Also, stoked it made the epic journey with no real issues, you just need to drive it up to the Cape for max end to end country roaming.

i prefer the original grill/light setup

yeah I think I'll get more comparison pics between PFL and FL front, I like the PFL front on the Eterna it kinda suits the big bumper look but I'm thinking with the chrome bumpers the FL front looks a little better

this is a FL euro spec model, I really want that valance and lower lip to pull it off

2.jpg

No. Fucking. Way. omg

I beleeb the master of mixing resides in Q-town now.

Keep me up to date with your discoveries re: front support.

Also, stoked it made the epic journey with no real issues, you just need to drive it up to the Cape for max end to end country roaming.

ahh right that would make more sense then haha. yeah think the geezer had been driving it around a little bit.

haha yeah strange I've been to the bottom of the south island but haven't even been to the north of the north island yet.

Could just be my crazy thoughts here, but seems to me this white one is less rare/cool than the eterna, so why not put the eterna back to standard and improve (read: pull apart and leave in bits) the white one??

yeah there's pros and cons to each, the Galant GT technically is more rare than the GSR in either Galant or Eterna variant, and if anything it's more original than my Eterna given it hasn't been touched in terms of panel and paintwork where the Eterna has been. Plus I like the idea of having the V6 in a comfortable cruiser like the Eterna which has all the mod cons like electric windows, chimes, power steering, air con (eventually) and a better interior. I don't think the GT would be a nice car to drive with the V6 and manual steering still, it's heavy enough with the 4 cyl in there.

Neither of the two cars are going to be worth serious money in years to come so I don't think it really matters which one I choose to modify.