SHGWAG's FD3S

SHGWAG

Aite, so this is pretty much ready to go to tuners, ran out of time to fit the bumper 100% on, but that can be done post tuning. Decided that it will go to Rotamax for tuning, as their rep is pretty damn good.

Not sure when though, as I've been sorting out my Levin for the long awaited 7A-GE swap.

The KE25 now has a similiar turbo to mine bolted onto it, wiring has begun, intercooler & oil cooler are fitted, its also now running starlet front struts, slotted U13 bluebird rotors & MR2 calipers. He's just waiting on some cash for a fuel pump. Should be running in a few weekends.

Also, no longer going to use the RSM I got from FLAWLESS, so if anyone wants it they can have it for what I paid for it: $150

HEKTIK AZ YO

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So this thing went on the Dyno at Cartune last night. They got about an hour into it when it decided to drop a Coil. It's getting no spark on the leading plug on the front rotor. Replacement coil should be here today, and I've given them a full new set of sparkplugs should they need them.

Kind of agonizing, but it's taken so long to build this thing another day won't hurt.

If all goes to plan I pick it up tomorrow morning, whack the back seats in, swap out the adjusties, whack a silencer in the exhaust & then dodgy mish it from Ham > Tga so my friendly wof man can inspect it and give me a warrant.

re mission to tga

get A reg for back up excusealso some inside knowledge from girlfriends traffic cop brother,

also highly recommend the back way through scotsman valley rd to

waharoa through matamata is not patroled and is quicker although spirited driving is only recommended once you know it,

Problem persisted with new coil. So the coils have been wired individually rather than drawing from a single power supply. This seems to have solved the problem. I've been told it's going to be dyno'd tomorrow, hopefully the problem doesn't show up again. Looking for 200kw atw @ 8psi (you guys all know I love my numbers), should be sweet for the 1000km run it.

Back on the dyno, ran it up to 150kw @ 5psi, then it started mis behaving.

Checked the temperature of the exhaust manifold. Rear was over 150 degrees, with the front being around half of that. Found that the Primary injector on the front rotor is misbehaving. It's opening fine, then as it closes it "bounces", rapidly opening and closing twice before closing properly, meaning the front housing is not getting half the fuel it needs.

So the injectors go down for a clean & test today to see if that helps, if not, I'll have to get another injector. Weird thing is that the injector is behaving for the first 15-20 minutes of the car being turned on.

• 1 month later...

That 245 was when is boost spiked for some reason, into an untouched part of the fuel/ignition map. AFRs were still sweet, and the timing was retarded. But atleast I know it's safe if it ever does spike again. Looking for 200kw atw at 10psi or less

Now makes 250kw atw @ 6000rpm at 18psi. 710nm pretty much flat from 3500 onwards...

Makes 122kw atw at 3400rpm @ 5 psi = more power at the wheels than my daily at 7800rpm...

Wastegate is causing a boost spike problem, it doesn't seem to be opening when it should, so to counter this the tuner has bought the boost cut down. We will try a different wastegate in its place, and if it is just a faulty gate then its an easy fix.

Tuner said car is undriveable, it just skids through 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Time for some wider feet, and a revised suspension set up...

I'm hoping to get over to Hamilton to take this thing for a drive on Saturday, would have this weekend but it was Big Day out & my 23rd Party, can't wait.