Simon's 1983 ST140 Corona coupe.

Simon

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

holiday-ing in the sun then? lucky cunt....

(lols at IRS in a can.., brush on form only :-) )

I've gotta ask man WTF is up with that diiirtty "str8 fuckin ruff cunt RB rep rep" shit?? being you, its gota be a piss take right?

(If anyone that should be me haha, but im not a muppet, well deffinitely not that much of one)

side view'd be cool, on the deck with the MKII (replicas?) fo sho'

So soarer radiator is 25-30mm too wide for chassis rails :( :(

What are the chances of cutting down a plastic tanked radiator??

I would only need to take 2 or 3 vains off one side.

I reckon it's possible? And just plug the tanks with that beige colour hard core glue shit and something to plug the hole.

Hard part is the expansion and bit of pressure there.

Want to use that rad cos it's huge and the pipes line up perfect for the motor.

Perhaps excessive but .. notch the rails? 15mm per side. Could probably "notch" them with a hammer if you really wanted.

That's exactly what I said to my father.

But hes right, don't really want to do that tbh. I would if it was a race car.

Think it could probably be done with that browish resin stuff you see oozing out of radiators sometimes.

Where to get?

Really? It's the very end of the rail anyway, where the radiator sits. It's hardly going to be a dramatic difference and you're putting a whole other engine in anyway are you not? For 15mm I'd definitely just hack the steel.

Mark and cut the section out flip it and weld it right back in but "upside down". Bam, job done.

Really? It's the very end of the rail anyway, where the radiator sits. It's hardly going to be a dramatic difference and you're putting a whole other engine in anyway are you not? For 15mm I'd definitely just hack the steel.

Mark and cut the section out flip it and weld it right back in but "upside down". Bam, job done.

Hmmm is that likely to be a problem with a cert man?

Don't want to get it all done and have him go wtf bro.

I want this one because it was cheap as and its clean inside and the inlet lines up perfect with the motor, only needing like 100mm of pipe which is just enough for an MR2 remote filler which it needs.

It's this much on both sides. The end part is a piece of angle steel for strength so it's really only the over hang from the bottom tank that is in the way.

dscf3014xu.jpg

I'll give it a crack. Rad was only 30 bucks.