bubblegoose '79 lancer

QCADTA

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Showed my old man the pic with the $2 coin and the reaction was "Is he stupid? The sump won't last 2 seconds" - or words to that effect :P .

- 'Bubblegoose's lancer - it's low enough to make old men whinge'

lol, at that height the sump would be a few mm's below ground zero so yeah i am stupid

but not soo stupid im currently in the garage making a sump to destroy all that gets in its way :D

Showed my old man the pic with the $2 coin and the reaction was "Is he stupid? The sump won't last 2 seconds" - or words to that effect :P .

- 'Bubblegoose's lancer - it's low enough to make old men whinge'

My old man said similar regarding my corona and suspension below factory bump stop height.

STFU old man.

LOL at everybody

there is no way i would get away with daily driving at that height because..

1, the popo would bum my ass

2, i wouldnt be able to drive anywhere without getting 'beached as'

3, personaly i think it looks ugly

ground clearance will be set to min legal req' (- a few mils :) )

i was just playing with the suspension min height max camber, but the sump is diffinatly indestructible :D for the occasional slow grind over speed bumps ect as ive seen plenty sumps where out over time/too many trips to the bk carparks :rolleyes:

bro that bitch might not get punctured or dented, but fuck me you are gonna hit a catseye or some such and that fucker is coming right off

thats why it has a crumple zone :lol: (if hit hard the rials can move up and back 10mm) the main reason behind it all is 'grind protection' but welding rails directly to the shit soft sump would be pointless, ive also gained a small amount more oil this way too

At uni we have "flow plates" such as:

Sucken-Traffic-Control-Flow-Plate-25855_image.jpg

I have made it my goal to get stuck on them / not quite, before the end of the year.

They are 110 mm in height. I can do that with out breaking the law damn it.

I want to get beached on them.

At uni we have "flow plates" such as:

Sucken-Traffic-Control-Flow-Plate-25855_image.jpg

I have made it my goal to get stuck on them / not quite, before the end of the year.

They are 110 mm in height. I can do that with out breaking the law damn it.

I want to get beached on them.

:lol: get beached then do a massive 'help im stuck' skid

oh btw thanks for sending adam that fuel pump ive just had a lovley friday night making my self stink like petrol :rolleyes:

this picture show the actual wheel/guard relation im going with just with moar offsets and moar guard sticky outness teeheehee

7626_168020169765_530014765_3579788_1112439_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

STEERING RACKS CAN BURN IN HELL thank you pleaz

going back to steering box, the rack conversion interfered with the gbox the engine block and made fitting of a zorst system nearly impossible

me= not happy/could have spent those many hours touching myself :doubt:

oh well has taught me a lesson... dont inter fear with steering witchcraft

Lame, rack conversion was gonna be sweet! :(

i know, only way to get all the geometry right and have it all legit was to move engine back 15mm cut a chunk out the block, slice open the freshly painted fire wall and move the joint right back into the cab.... then try and rework the header pipes round it all

im too lazy for all that shit so gona slam that box back in and should get it back on its feet alot quicker/cheaper/not as awes

on the needles they have grooves in the top and a circlip (ill post pics this week)

by moving the clip down the needle you lift the needle up, the needle goes into the big fuel hole in the bottom so lifting it up will allow more fuel to flow out earlyer.

the needle only has control over up to 2/3 throttle to richen above that you need bigger mains (1.8mm as a base for 2000cc on r1 carbs)

lifting the needle is not always necessary but more often than not it is, so im doing it now as its a fiddly as job they have tiny tiny springs that i always drop