bubblegoose '79 lancer

QCADTA

cheers boes, my dad says my welding is 'ok' cheeky cunt used to be a welding inspector but ive never seen him weld :rolleyes:

my welders just a cheapo chineesey one does the job but stuggles between 20 and 40amps, but 5 amps for welding razor blades works mint :badgrin: haha

just need a bench grinder now to sharpen my tips on, they have been blunt since i started welding the lower arms so that welding isnt as pretty as it should/could be

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, i rekon a cheapy chinese one will be fine for the infrequent use i'll give it. Probably going to go for one of those mitech 200's, AC/DC, a few adjustments and what not. $1500 including torch and foot control.

Yeah, i rekon a cheapy chinese one will be fine for the infrequent use i'll give it. Probably going to go for one of those mitech 200's, AC/DC, a few adjustments and what not. $1500 including torch and foot control.

you get ac/dc and ill be moving into your garage and you probably wont get a turn

mines just DC with hf start and only has adjustment for amps and post flow

but it was only $250 used but like new :lol:

as for infrequent use zac. thats what i thought, but i got mine at christmasish and my huge gas bottle is already below 1000psi, i do like to play though :D

also sharpening on linishers, did it once sharpening a steel rod to make a nail haha and it caught and tryed to impail my hand so i fell out with the linisher and married the grinder instead

• 2 weeks later...

bolted the new bearings in last night and took the block and rods to mpl so then can measure the clearance (instead of book clearance) for the crank regrind (getting it perfect lol)

got to finish polishing the piston crowns(pointless but im dooing it)

cams are in the back of the car waiting to be dropped off at kelfords

head has been skimmed to the max and needs to be ported

erm thats about it so far

Woah lose those fucking wheels or paint them bro, looks heinous, the car could do with losing about a billion percent yellow.

Going choice aside!

OI! leave my fugly sigma steelies alone you!

cant be fucked painting them, there off to have a minor adjustment made to the width/dish in the near future so would be a waste of time

then getting whacked up in either satin dark silver or a nice off white

probably silver though