bubblegoose '79 lancer

QCADTA

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey nice lancer m8, love the colours undrerneth. i have a 79 lancer as well, in the proces of puting a turbo sigma motor in.

and what did u have to do to use the starion struts and brakes into your lancer. was talking to u on trade me. i have the sigma bottom arms that the struts bolt to. do i have to use standard springs?

thanks, you need to get a thread going of your lancer im lacking inspiration at the moment as nothing i buy comes through as the right part 1st time and every job i do im lacking the tools to do it, so more 79's would be sweet

also didnt you say you had some full chrome bumpers, where did you get them?

also sorted the 2 motor issue i now have 1 mean motor to play with

For the trouble of going to starion struts, I'd go adjusties. You need to get certed anyway regardless. Just use the starion brakes, weld on a threaded section then just figure out what lb spring rate to use. Sure, there's a bit more to it than that, but the end result will dominate

oh tru cheers m8 yea i did just get some they came from a dude in chch. just w8in 4 them 2 arrive. and cool il have a f**k around with my shocks, and im new to this sight how do u make my own project and put my picks up???

yeah if you haven't brought any parts yet, slide a set of gas gt's or similar in them and a set of adjustable coil sleeves

that way it saves waking the grinder up at a later date

should have mine all done by the weekend and finally get to sit it down

I tried this on a 1600 ex lancer, putting the starion 2 bolt lower knuckles on the factory lancer arms. Put the lancer top hats on the starion struts, and it all bolted together sweet, except that the wider starion rotors fouled on the lip at the end of the lancer arm. Sigma's and starions get around this by using a bolt on balljoint, not a press in one.

I tried this on a 1600 ex lancer, putting the starion 2 bolt lower knuckles on the factory lancer arms. Put the lancer top hats on the starion struts, and it all bolted together sweet, except that the wider starion rotors fouled on the lip at the end of the lancer arm. Sigma's and starions get around this by using a bolt on balljoint, not a press in one.

hadn't noticed that as i haven't got to the stage of putting discs onto the hub

sigma lower arms the same length as lancers?

ok could do with some advice

going to convert the lower arms to take the bolt on starion ball joints

do you guys think it will be safe/certable to have the plate im welding on slotted to make the camber slightly adjustable?

if its a complete dumbass idea (i think it might be) where should i position the new joint

its got cobra supalows and the struts them self have had about 20mm chopped off

just want a decent camber without going silly or not having enough