bubblegoose '79 lancer

QCADTA

yo are your starion front struts/lower knuckles out of car?

im keen as to get som rca's made up for my lancer so was thinking i should convince you to get some too, that way i dont have to take my shit out plus we may get them done cheaper 8)

keen anyone got a source for adjustable strut tops too?

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yo are your starion front struts/lower knuckles out of car?

im keen as to get som rca's made up for my lancer so was thinking i should convince you to get some too, that way i dont have to take my shit out plus we may get them done cheaper 8)

keen anyone got a source for adjustable strut tops too?

think its a case of buying some then drilling your strut tower to suit :(

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
..... How is that lancer so slammed! Hard to get it on a jack? :P .

Looks good man, how are the headers coming along?

headers are 75% done i just need to finish the steering rack shortening/conversion to adjust a few bends then i can weld them all up.

the strut tubes have been shortened and dropped into the hubs so with standard springs it would still be 2" lower, add that onto some wound down adjustables and well..... scrape grind scrape :D

re: the jack

have to use scissor jacks way back on the chassis rails to lift the front up enough to get a low profile jack under it :badgrin:

Yeah aye take your time, it's not like any ones waiting to see what else you've done. Bugger if someone dropped their change in front of you while u were driving you'd probably bottom out ch'out for 50 cent pieces

wait till you see the bullet proof sump im building to protect from such stray fiddy cents

Yeah aye take your time, it's not like any ones waiting to see what else you've done. Bugger if someone dropped their change in front of you while u were driving you'd probably bottom out ch'out for 50 cent pieces

wait till you see the bullet proof sump im building to protect from such stray fiddy cents

You're lucky i pointed that out to you, can't wait to see it.

all old mistis come with super high tec steering boxes so a bolt in upgrade wasnt an option, so i got a random rack from a pile at 'all cars' (ps anybody know what AH 4door refers to?)

rack and housing have to be cut the same amount, the 120 mm is taken from kerbside (can only cut kerbside) and if you cut the housing more it will turn more one way than the other as driver side remains unmodified

the massive lock is due to my 'careful' guestimations at all cars and picking the rack with enough travels :D i also removed anything that looks like a lock stop :badgrin: