Satin Paint?

Gaz

Can one of you tell me what satin paint is exactly? It looks similar to matt finish in pics but I really have no idea. Im having trouble describing what I want to the guy at the paint shop and I feel a bit of background is what I need.

This is exactly what I want colour and finish wise, I have a feeling it is satin but dont really know..

285lw2.jpg

2448453608_7b81368613.jpg

What Hellraiser said. They have a flattening agent that can be added to the gloss paint or clearcoat.

Tell him flatter than semigloss, get him to mix a few test pots and try it. It is a cunt to spray as if you get anything wrong you are screwed as you can't buff it out without adding a sheen to the surface

The good news is you never need to wash it :doubt:

I have only ever painted one vehicle matt and it was OK but difficult.

Personally I think it will look shit on the Cortina but it is not my place to say (and I am old)

make sure they know what they are doing though. would pay to prep a spare guard up nicely and spray that in exactly the same way as you are going to in the end.

my gemi turned to shit and was bassically a shitty gloss with shine but no deepness because the fagget at the paint shop dropped balls when it came to putting in the flattening agent. He was scared it would turn greyish but that would have been better than halfarsed shiny I reckon.

nobumps had it pretty much bang on with his courier ute I reckon, after trying a couple of different options.

I think all the DeBeer paints come up like that when no clear is applied.

Heres one of my old cars in base coat, the top coat came up the same effect aswell just brighter colour. My old Colt was done in DeBeer aswell and came up just the same. It may not be what you're after though.

20070129image0002vj1.jpg

Haha im doin champaigne but i got my paint ages ago :lol: Fuck yes gloss black, i so wanted to do that to my bellett, would look epic.

And ya ^ this man speaks the truth, just as much if not more panel/prep work need for a good satin jobby.