Satin Paint?

Gaz

That champagne colour looks sweet but I can't do that if gaz is.

Sure ya can, go hard, its just a colour :mrgreen:

Will i get finger prints and grease marks on it like Matty that wont be able to come off?

I like the look but dont like the sounds of the side effects. I might try and get the gold even lighter and just stay with a 1k or 2k metallic.... should have looked into this before I painted everything else gold, then I would'nt have gone gold lol. Might also look at pearls in the top coat...

Is a wee way off yet so also maybe have a fiddle with some of this flattner stuff you all speak of.

oily marks will probably be left, thing with matt and satin, the car has so be so straight as every little thing can be seen so much easier than a shiny paint job, thats why i reckon most os cars look shit with matty b coz they arent quite straight, late model cars with no dings on the other hand...

shit yeah and shiny dark coloured cars (especially black) shows up every single dent. Gloss white, and more importantly matt white show up bugger all dents and imperfections, which is why I painted the corolla white :D

ill take some photos of a satin black 323 ive painted, i used ppg flat black, only prob is it isnt a sealer , you can buy satin clears, thats if you go basecoat, or you can get a 2k satin black which is also a sealer, heres some 2k satin black on the bonnet. and as for cleaning, your only really left with one option, a really nice dry shammy

p1020093nm3.jpg

robbies261rh7.jpg

robbies263rg5.jpg