N/A 4g63

treggo

$800 ridiculous price? if not pm me i have one... its out of a vr4 which is one of the strongest blocks... also if you were to use a n/a block couldn't u combat unreliability issues due to high compression with a decompression plate between 2 steel headgaskets?

Or just switch to VR-4 pistons. Depending which DOHC N/A 4G63 you get it could either have a 9.1, 9.4 or 10.4:1 compression ratio. The 9.1 and 9.4 would be OK to use with a turbo, but I wouldn't put huge amounts of boost through it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what is the point of going n/a rb. it would sound sweet, but for the power you would be making it wouldnt be worth the trade off for the weight you add. if your staying n/a, then imo it would be better to stay with a rev happy 2litreish 4 cylinder like the sr or maybe a beams 3sge. you will make the same if not more power than an n/a rb. and the conversion would be easier as you would have heaps more room.

my $0.02

He wants to keep costs down remember

RB20DET could be alright, but they probably still go for like $600 plus? I reckon non-turbo RB20DE/25DE would be choice. Wouldn't even need to go triples or itbs and it would sound damn good.

4G63 could be sweet but performance wouldn't be much at all.

I just wanna wastegate it gee!

Haha nah, I thought the 4g would be cheapish, powerful and different. I want to go turbo at this stage not too sure why really, just want to.

An Rb or jz would be a pretty cool but from what I have seen they fetch abit of wedge and the gearbox's go for crazy money.

Yea thats the downside to the "Nissan range" the gearboxes go for crazy money but they are pretty strong and seem to handle alot of abuse.

or rb30 block rb26 head big turbo hanging off the side etc haha

But a +T rb can handle alot of boost and make good power aswell but its relli what you want otherwise you just wont do it or finish it haha.

High comp tubos FTW