Rounded off bolt. How do i get it out!?!

efp0wa

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20ffi87.jpg

Are you talking about that? ^

I don't know the first thing about Hondas, but can't you normally undo two much larger bolts and pull the whole caliper off and do it that way if you need to and/or only undo the top one like you've done and swing it down?

I don't think a flare wrench is what you are thinking of Boe. A flare wrench is like a ring spanner except for a cut out slot.

They are normally used for brake line tube nuts auw.

isnt that crowfoot spanner?

A crow'sfoot is similar but normally designed to go on the end of a socket extension bar and often only two sided/half hex.

A flare wrench is what is often refered to a single hex - but missing one of the hex(s)?

fuck..... I don't know :lol:

20ffi87.jpg

If you cant get it loose with a decent pair of vice grips then there is a cunty problem.

If I recall correctly though - you should be able to undo your brake hose and handbrake cable, swing the calliper downwards on the bottom slide - slip it out on the slide then put the calliper in the vice and work some magic on the bolt that way.

20ffi87.jpg

I don't know the first thing about Hondas, but can't you normally undo two much larger bolts and pull the whole caliper off and do it that way if you need to and/or only undo the top one like you've done and swing it down?

What pete said. Pop off the handbrake cable and brake hose, swing caliper off and put in vice for infinately time easier removal....

20ffi87.jpg

What pete said. Pop off the handbrake cable and brake hose, swing caliper off and put in vice for infinately time easier removal....

tried that. it wont swing down unfortuanly.

i'm just going to angle grind the head off. thanks tho

where are you man i can have that out in about 5 mins,

step one get a punch and give it a good twack on the end of the bolt in the centre,

centre punch with a point is best,

now walk to your nearest place makers and buy a set of these

dscf3188bj0.th.jpg,

8" stilsons bout 12 bucks worth being made by fuller with a bob the builder discount,

and small enough to fit in the gap believe me the bolt i had to get out was cuntier than that,

put a bit of pipe over the end and give it a good sharp tweak making sure it is gripping first,

if it doesn't let go apply pressure and give the end another belt with the punch whilst someone else holds some force on it,

these things eat vice grips for breakfast,

best 12 dollar tool you can get

• 2 weeks later...