Cute Wee Gem's Bellett

peteretep

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im guessing this was the one sitting at car haulaways in paekak on saturday morning??? i was in the truck coming back from pram and was so keen to pull in and chuck on the back taillifter stz. was was caning passed and didnt see till too late.

atleast it belongs too an OSer now, and one that will do it justice by the sounds of the plans :twisted:

Awesome man. Finally got hold of one. Looks like it should be a goodie too.

Just a word of warning, from my experience cars that have been sitting usually need a total overhall on the ball joints, suspension bushings etc because they seem to flog out as soon as they start moving again, especially after ten years or so.

I'd love to see a G200W with ITBS, would be pretty interesting
:twisted::P

1353583img5ta.jpg

Hi there all,

I thought I might add some info on my race Gemini coupe.

The engine is a G200w with forged pistons, custom cams with 490thou lift and lots of duration. Stainless steel custom valves, quad 45mm throttle bodies and Autronic fuel injection.

The engine is good for around 200hp it revs to 8500rpm.

I have noticed a few people quoting 140kw @wheels power out of these twin cams but I doubt it. My head flows almost 200hp and there is no more in it. My new engine is a 3SGE toyota engine due to this engine being able to flow at least 270hp through the head.

I will try to post a picture when I read the how to guide on adding photos.

gem.

im guessing this was the one sitting at car haulaways in paekak on saturday morning??? i was in the truck coming back from pram and was so keen to pull in and chuck on the back taillifter stz. was was caning passed and didnt see till too late.

atleast it belongs too an OSer now, and one that will do it justice by the sounds of the plans :twisted:

Yup that'll be it! Apparently 2 guys came up and asked if it was for sale when the driver was there

Awesome man. Finally got hold of one. Looks like it should be a goodie too.

Just a word of warning, from my experience cars that have been sitting usually need a total overhall on the ball joints, suspension bushings etc because they seem to flog out as soon as they start moving again, especially after ten years or so.

Definitely. hopefully they are obtainable, I guess they are quite universal though?

That pic is awesome too. My manifold is 90% cut out and ready to be welded up, needs a lot of die grinding though. Bit of a problem with the oil filter housing aswell. I'll explain it all in the next update

Definitely. hopefully they are obtainable, I guess they are quite universal though?

That pic is awesome too. My manifold is 90% cut out and ready to be welded up, needs a lot of die grinding though. Bit of a problem with the oil filter housing aswell. I'll explain it all in the next update

Not sure how universal parts will be on that bad boy.

I see your posting on the isuzu twincam site. Good site that one but it made me realize that fucking around with a twincam isuzu is more hassle than its worth if you want to have a fast reliable car. For an era transplant where you just want it to be something cool like this it could work though. Cam shell bearings and sump gaskets are apparently unobtainium but neither of those really matter, especially the gasket.

Oh and I ran into a problem with mounting the g200w in my old chevette and made up a remote oil filter setup for it, which you can have if it will help with your problems? It roughly halves the space required for the filter, which helps heaps.

Not sure how universal parts will be on that bad boy.

I see your posting on the isuzu twincam site. Good site that one but it made me realize that fucking around with a twincam isuzu is more hassle than its worth if you want to have a fast reliable car. For an era transplant where you just want it to be something cool like this it could work though. Cam shell bearings and sump gaskets are apparently unobtainium but neither of those really matter, especially the gasket.

Oh and I ran into a problem with mounting the g200w in my old chevette and made up a remote oil filter setup for it, which you can have if it will help with your problems? It roughly halves the space required for the filter, which helps heaps.

Definitely agree, I will bring it to trackdays and such but not super keen to really rev it hard. Just too hard to find bits eh, I think you could get cam bearings made up or I've heard modded oversized 18rg? bearings can be made up to work. 50% of the reason the Gem didn't get the Isuzu donk.

I got all the gaskets and shit I could. Got a head set and all the bearings are same as the sohc version which is good. Also this remote filter intrigues me, do you have any pics? I was going to make up 2x 10mm slabs in the shape of the housing face and drill/cut them into the right shape, then link hoses between the two and put the whole housing/filter setup out of the way. Bit hard to explain but yeah. Keen to check your one out/buy it if it'll work with the Bellett