Cute Wee Gem's Bellett

peteretep

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I hate calling them that and usually don't, but was pretty sure it was bell-ay.

lol, thats awesome.

So by your logic an Opel Kadett is a Kad-ay? Is a Chevette still a Chevette or is that pronounced Chev-ay?

Yeah but you should know that people are dumb eliot. Don't copy them :P

I got all the gaskets and shit I could. Got a head set and all the bearings are same as the sohc version which is good. Also this remote filter intrigues me, do you have any pics? I was going to make up 2x 10mm slabs in the shape of the housing face and drill/cut them into the right shape, then link hoses between the two and put the whole housing/filter setup out of the way. Bit hard to explain but yeah. Keen to check your one out/buy it if it'll work with the Bellett

Thats right about the parts, as I understand the entire bottom end is essentially the same as the singlecam. I can only guess that the difference between the sump gaskets is because of the starter motor being on the other side to the singlecam and the difference in gearboxes because of this. Don't know why they would change the sump/block otherwise.

My oil filter cap is pretty much what you are describing. If you've seen a sandwhich plate to mount an external engine oil cooler its kind of like that, but instead of the filter screwing back on top its blanked off. Its probably about 50mm long from the bolting face and is a bit old but all alloy so still in good nick.

Its at my old pad a long with heaps of my stz so I'll grab it and a pick when I can, hopefully within a week or 2.

Sweet! sounds good man. So does it stick forward at all or just out the side? Definitely keen!

Also the reason for the sump gaskets and so on being different is cause they're based on the old pushrod blocks (hence the tripple cam stz) the twin cam is way older than the sohc version so I guess they kept on with the Bellett twin cam design in the Piazza. I probably just repeated what you already know though.

Luckily my sump gasket is rubber and still in good nick.

Sweet! sounds good man. So does it stick forward at all or just out the side? Definitely keen!

Forward by about 50mm. Imagine it as being 2 of these sandwhich plates back to back and blanked off, with hoses coming out the side and a seperate adaptor where the filter screws on.

blitz_sandwich.jpg

Like this but about 50mm high:

newcoo18.gif

PM me your address/how to find your house diddle. I might rock up and have a geeze at your isuzus this weekend or something.

This thing is fucking tuff. Complete with lush surface rust too. So men

Forward by about 50mm. Imagine it as being 2 of these sandwhich plates back to back and blanked off, with hoses coming out the side and a seperate adaptor where the filter screws on.

I get what you mean, just trying to figure out if it hits the bellett mount which is about 20-30mm forward of front end/side of the mounting of the filter housing. If you come out by 50mm then forward it may clear the mount. Lol fuck i'm just confused.

Better example.

dscf2810kq8.jpg

dscf2820bv9.jpg

Ouch, I don't think my adaptor will allow you to get away with that but I'll grab it and get some pics/measurements anyway. You could probably shorten it down to about 40mm I guess.

Short of changing the whole oil pump I can't really see many ways around that issue. I remember seeing an oil pump on a G161W that located the filter vertical, pointing directly down. I now know why :P There are a couple of 117's around that probably have suitable oil pumps. Perhaps try getting one for one of those? They came with factory G200W's and its possible they shared a similar setup but I'm not sure.

Cheers Brad, do you have a contact for that fella that has the 117's? - Shame the g150 one is slightly different so that won't work :(

Although luckily I noticed today the piazza timing plate won't fit the mounts but the g150 one will and lines up perfect with the timing cover, with a bit of chopping. :o

Heres what I thought, just mounting the entire housing on the side of engine bay.. Should work right?

15373813xe3.png

Short of changing the whole oil pump I can't really see many ways around that issue. I remember seeing an oil pump on a G161W that located the filter vertical, pointing directly down. I now know why :P There are a couple of 117's around that probably have suitable oil pumps. Perhaps try getting one for one of those? They came with factory G200W's and its possible they shared a similar setup but I'm not sure.

g161w and 117 are both the same, probably easier to make something than try and find one though :lol:

Cheers Brad, do you have a contact for that fella that has the 117's? - Shame the g150 one is slightly different so that won't work :(

Although luckily I noticed today the piazza timing plate won't fit the mounts but the g150 one will and lines up perfect with the timing cover, with a bit of chopping. :o

Heres what I thought, just mounting the entire housing on the side of engine bay.. Should work right?p><p>I

Heres a picture. First is my remote filter setup, which doesn't look like it will help at all. The second is another idea if the PCD is rectangular and the internal pipes etc are symetrical, though I don't think they will be :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/vox200/15373813xe4.jpg' alt='15373813xe4.jpg'>

Should work ok I guess.

I'll have a hunt around for the details of the 117 guy.

Heres a picture. First is my remote filter setup, which doesn't look like it will help at all. The second is another idea if the PCD is rectangular and the internal pipes etc are symetrical, though I don't think they will be :lol:

Bummer. theres one offset bolt, plus the relief valve etc is in the housing so I don't think it would work backwards. Might just have to make up some plates as I've shown, unless anyone has a better idea/theres a reason I shouldn't? Not that hard to make up really.