Broccoli's Datsun 1200 ute

solidstripe

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That ute is gonna be tiiiiight. They handle mean too. I used to have the Mag and Turbo Wellington one as a company car. It had a worked A15 and handled like a friggin go cart.

Nice brakes, how do they effect the offset? Still got the design at the engineers? I gots a 1200 coupe that I want to upgrade the brakes without effecting the offset too much.

Check it out on http://www.datsun.co.nz

PM if ya can chat about ya brakes.

haha what do you mean engineers, I designed and cut the plate out my self. with a fucken hacksaw :oops:

They space the front end out 2.5mm each side.

To do it I used a drum brake front end and the disk just replaces where the drum would sit. I got more photos if people would be interested in a workshop submission or tech section?

• 1 month later...

Just did a few measurements and if they were right (probly not). Then I can do a 15x8 with a +10 offset and it will stick out the rear guard by 1.5cm. so with phat d1 stretch I should be able to get in there with no rub if I get the ride height right. *dreams*

It will have to be a 7 on the front tho. and even that is gonna be fucken tight

cough13x8 superlites cough

but seriousness bro, i think they would be the money painted matte gunmetal, wats rip off.

with them sweet tyres seedy al had on his supers.

grab the hundys from jasons if u wanna have a visual of what a 15x8 looks like

yea i know. I just want 8s under the back haha. and those nascar rims are fucking cheap. lyk 56 each. I cant afford lights yet. I myt save up and get some of those rota wheels maybe. and just roll on bogans till then. (not that Im gonna be rolling anytime soon) lol

well it did say from $56 each. so i was all oh fuck yea. I asked for a quote for 2 15x8 and 2 15x7 and they were gonna be 140 per wheel for chev/holden pattern and extra for any other pattern. $56 must be for 5x4''

anyway they werent wat I wanted it was sort of a compromise with price and width etc.

The rims i really want are these:

reyuums.jpg

they come in a 15x8 +12 offset and they are uber cheap so I will get them when the time comes around.

And yea a fuck load of potential I just hope it will look as good as it does in my head and that it will reflect the time gone into it

• 2 weeks later...

Okay ive got a dilemma, I have way more important things to be doing but logan (lowgan on here lol) has me all confused over what wheels to run. so im gonna put the question out there.

13x7 or 15x7? where would my money be best spent for the best looks???