KK-Kolonels 1974 Austin 1300

CaMpylobacter

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote = BMC A series motor and box. There must be heaps of hotrodded bits still around

It is the most logical idea but how else am I going to get 170hp N/A with easy future turbo options without blowing up gearbox/motor every weekend.. 170hp N/A in 700kg front tug = WTF - Oh that was only Macabre I was blowing past.. :D

honda donk would prob be best bang for buck. youve got the knowledge to get er in there and should go well, especially if you just grab the motor out of richys type-r lolburger.

miss that sweet sound of the A series though.

honda donk would prob be best bang for buck. youve got the knowledge to get er in there and should go well, especially if you just grab the motor out of richys type-r lolburger.

miss that sweet sound of the A series though.

I need my Type R motEr, mostly to motovate my Type R. Would be epic in a Morry/Austin/whatever they're calling them this week.

Or, roll like a smallport 4AGE on carbs or something.

What an SC (thats a "shit cunt")

Will talk to cruising boes tonight and see if trip via the MIGHTY WAIKATO is on the cards

Yeah he is a real GC when it comes to advice though, so thats why I going with him. Plus has done several cars in my Hot Rod club, so we know he knows what he on about.

Sweet, travelling through the waikato is a little shorter in time too I believe :)

You may need to PM me driving directions - cos I not that clever

From Taupo?

Just head towards H-Town, I am 10 minutes north of Tokoroa. But pretty much you just drive to Tirau and there is a huge sign that says to turn right to go towards Corromandel/Matamata. Piss easy bro, I will find some indepth driving instructions.

Should fully B16a this! The engines will last forever (300,000+ks easy when treated right)

B16A longblock=$300

Civic TypeR Pistons

Integra Type R Cams

Integra Type R Double Valve Springs

Intake, Headers, Exhaust

Tune

Easy 125kw atw all day everyday at 8500rpm all for about $1200 if you know the right people, then you just need gearbox and your away laughing

Or just chuck in a B18c-R with intake headers and exhaust with a Hondata ECU and make 150kw atw :twisted:

Nah rotor wouldn't be as sweet and I'm pretty sure B18c-r would probably be too tall for a small car. Even in civics and shit they are a squeeze, imagine it in a morris.

B16a is a cheap option and would have to be the best power/litre/dollar available from any piston engine conversion.

Nah rotor wouldn't be as sweet and I'm pretty sure B18c-r would probably be too tall for a small car. Even in civics and shit they are a squeeze, imagine it in a morris.

B16a is a cheap option and would have to be the best power/litre/dollar available from any piston engine conversion.

B18c is only 10mm taller than a B16a, they fit civics no probs, its the H22a's that are tight

Wasnt there a B18C in this mini dejoux or was it only a B16A?

img1646fu3.jpg

Dejoux's have marginally lower bonnets than minis and Id guess ADO16s would be higher than both.

Though looking at that photo that motor is tilted a long way forward, are they normally more upright in mini conversions?

My vote = BMC A series motor and box. There must be heaps of hotrodded bits still around

It is the most logical idea but how else am I going to get 170hp N/A with easy future turbo options without blowing up gearbox/motor every weekend.. 170hp N/A in 700kg front tug = WTF - Oh that was only Macabre I was blowing past.. :D

TEL 'IM 'ES DREAMIN