Glancn's 1983 Corona Wagon of Awesome

Glancn

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon its heaps of awesome. Those wheels went for abit aye. Was watching them. They are so cool though and fully suit the square lines of the car. Back probably needs to come down just a touch also. Pitty about the leaf sprung rear end.

Yeah. Getting the blocks taken out and leaves reset/add leaves in the rear next Monday. Will tell the guys at Snells Springs to have them reset to the current height of the blocks + a bit more so will come back sitting just a bit lower.

Jebus/Mark reckons TRD AE86 front springs should be sweet? If not might have to do a dodge job on them for o/s nats :E

Sooo much grip right now.

Yeah. Getting the blocks taken out and leaves reset/add leaves in the rear next Monday. Will tell the guys at Snells Springs to have them reset to the current height of the blocks + a bit more so will come back sitting just a bit lower.

Jebus/Mark reckons TRD AE86 front springs should be sweet? If not might have to do a dodge job on them for o/s nats :E

Sooo much grip right now.

When I had my tt141 I did abit of research and it looked like ae86 inserts and springs would work up front and hold it all nice and captive. Never tried it though.

I reckon thats perfect what you are doing with the leaves, then you have the added option of putting 1 or 2 inch blocks in if you want to get it that little bit lower for what ever reason :twisted::lol:

Went to Race Brakes in Mt. Eden yesterday. Talked to John there - awesome old guy who takes time out to explain shit.

Mintex don't do a stock fr brake disc pad so they will have to cut out some ones from a block of mintex material to the shape of the backing plates.

Will be about $260+gst, bit pricey but worth it imo especially with the heavy beast that I have. Even decent standard pads wouldn't stand a chance at trackday D:

Gonna cut a coil off the front springs for some bro-lowering.

Taking car into zorst shop tomorrow, EXITING AND STUFF.

Yah RB are good, even though they took like 20 years to work out the right brake package for my TX3 and I ended up going thru another supplier in the end.

Fully going there to get my Mintex M1144s sussed once I've caned the fuck out of my existing Lucas pads. and yeah, they cut them to size from a massive sheet, seems to be the norm for most of their packages.

one thing Davy - how you gonna do the zorst tomorrow if you're leaving for Taupo this afternoon?