Glancn's 1983 Corona Wagon of Awesome

Glancn

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Haha I can't be arsed ay. Mate Warrick is a boat builder and could glass ez pz. Probably just rangi-beat styles/weld on a lip onto the factory mounting brackets and cut the old one out and just shape it. Cheaps.

Tried to work on the car tonight over at mate Darrin's place.

During OS Nats I noticed the car was really gutless before we took off for the cruise. It wasn't until Sunday morning at the brunch place that we figured out the throttle cable had slipped/stretched. So we tried adjusting it but were quickly running out of thread so pretty much I drove home on primaries only haha.

Turned out tonight that a) the accel/return spring was catching on the custom bracket which we filed down so it would clear. But B) the cable is well and truly fucked as its stretched hard. So gonna grab another one off this parts car I've been getting stuff off from TradeMe.

Also when we were mucking around with that stuff tonight noticed some fresh fluid on mates hand, odorless... brake fluid. Master brake cylinder had a bit of a bashing at trackday so is starting to have bum wees. Might just go for a bigger master cyl to replace the current one before next trackday.

Gonna go get radiator re-cored when I can be stuffed too!

• 4 months later...
2JZ ITBs is sex. Think Willwood Supra. 500hp NA. damn...

Its v8 though boe uz based. I think a 6 in the front of the corona will make it abit of a pig handling wise. The obvious answer is the 3s beams sit it right back 200hp na screamer and they are coming down in price by the day.

Hmmm yeah. Cost is a biggie too. Already spent too much on the car without making it that much better (hindsight is a great thing).

I'm looking for bang for buck really. Don't really wanna go do cams, cam gears, massive turbos, link, rebuilds etc.

Just chuck it in there and go better!

ARghhhhh help123$!$%!%%^!@&@$@

3T-GTE would be mean, and turbo engines are ridiculously easy to coax more power out of... intercooler (use wazza's supra one?), bigger turbo, exhaust and more poost etc. That's pretty much what I'd call bang for buck

the other options are also good but probably more hassle to drop in since they're not "made for the chassis" like the 3T was. $$ factor too :(

I like the Carina front, but then again I like oddball '80s shit :lol:

Agree on beams idea. They can be picked up for alot these money now days and you know that price will just keep coming down with the amount of altezzas around. Parts will be plentiful too.

3s would probably go in the same if not easier than the 3t-gteu once you get a 1s crossmember because the 3t-gteu needs mods done to the mount or the turbo oil return to fit. Might be easy though on a corona though.

3t's are getting hard to find, some parts are non existant and they are actually relatively pricey too.

Go with 3s and once the inititial cost is out of the way and you are making 220hp with no mods, you will wonder how you ever could have even considered using anything else.

Waaaaaaay more power than a 3t-gt makes. I think they claimed 160hp and you'd be lucky if one was still making that. Granted a better turbo, cooler, exhaust and a little bit of boost will get it up to 200hp and beyond pretty easily but the motor will likely be tired and it wouldn't be as usuable or reliable as 220hp from a beams.

edit: go with a 3t-gteu because I like them and they are oldschool and look mean under the bonnet/don't because thats a dumb idea.