Glancn's 1983 Corona Wagon of Awesome

Glancn

OK, I've decided to go with a 12a monster bridgeport motor boes boes :lol:

Hmmm the 3sge idea I'm liking. What about gearboxes? Can I still use my W55 with the correct bellhousing or will I have to use an Altezza box?

I do have a pretty skinny budget so to start off with all I want is a new motor do whats needed to get it going and not spend more money on the motor.

Knowing me I'll prob get a few things done to the motor later on though.

So what, the motor will probably cost me around $1500?

ARgh1235!^%@&@!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they claimed 160hp and you'd be lucky if one was still making that.

Yeah, 160.

Though Mark (AE25) has one with i believe just a pod, maybe exhaust and that still made 160 but at the wheels instead of 160 standard at the flywheel so thats all good :)

Yea if you hunt a beams will be found relatively easily for $1500, there was one on trademe that went for $2500 with a 6 speed thats good buying. The w55 can be used but the 1s bell is abit to long due to them having a bigger flywheel im going through this on my mates 3sgte starlet so we can get otp and have a drunk tech discussion about it some time. Also make sure you get the full loom as its more integrated into the body loom than older toyota stuff

• 2 months later...

3tgte getting old aye.. if you do one.. consider a rebuild as part of the price. can use alot of pushrod bits for bottom end (bearings etc), but things like oil pump and chain guides arent cheap to replace. 250hp not hard to coax out of one.. just better turbs, 2.5" exhaust, fuel pump and injector upgrade, intercooler + bov and 15psi (depends on turbo). then get it tuned so it never ever knocks :rolleyes:

but hangone... you live with hardout dudes that do v8 conversions and make own turbo manifs and shit.. i reckon get a dirt cheap gen2 3sge from st185/sw20 (or newer version if you can get cheap, gen3 3sgte FTW!) um then make own intake and exhaust, t3 turbo, make mounts, use 1S sump and oil pump, 1S/2C bellhousing and w55 or whatever can find cheap etc. dunno what you use for loom/ecu, maybe find 3sgte one, then fang the fuck out of it.. if you pop it.. get another short block and go fry some more rubber! mean

go talk to mark harrison.. he got some ideas

3s_out.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

e14.jpg

3sgteke20finalver.jpg

ke203sgte2.jpg

^^ yeah good ideas. Got sweet f all money atm so any of those plans are on hold for now. Will just have the cam and double valve springs put in for trackday I'd say at this stage. Put it on a diet maybe then thats about it for now.

so. carina front......... do it, just do it, but dont do round head light front. im sure you have seen this pic before but!...

Carina7ag.jpg

DO IT< because i really want to, so shouldnt have sold that car, as far as I know, carina and corona wagons are pretty much the same as far as body panels, maybe just check the swage on the side of the car

Allan

• 4 months later...