the kombi project

dylan

Thanks for the good response to this van. I have never been sure if it would be seen as old school. The van itself is a 1970 transporter in English a "people mover". After all the body mods have been finished I'm going to get it closer to the ground and exchange the 1600 aircooled vw motor for a 2ltr quad cam subaru. I have a friend who is helping with the welding and yes, he is gifted.

seedy al i like the plans for your bug sounds good. did you know with some droped spindles beam adjusters and some long travel ball joints up front and some adjustable spring plates turned two splines it would be in de weeds

did you know with some droped spindles beam adjusters and some long travel ball joints up front and some adjustable spring plates turned two splines it would be in de weeds

I do like the way this guy thinks :D

Nice project man. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Once again , top quality work, love whats being done to it, nice touches, the bumpers recessed & cut down looks awesome whilst still retaining some "originality" type atmosphere about it.

Fav part was the Vw into the bootlid though

Cheers,Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...