• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

give that car a squirt first, once its squirting good, get quads

Mean.

I agree with mike-e.

need squirt to make best gains with quads yes?

Ya - was meaning squirt first as opposed to squirt and fanimold at the same time though. Was never going to run quads without squirt - just thinking of doing squirts first to find any problems etc.

I can see myself soldering something in the wrong hole or something so will do squirts first.

Is using the brake booster line for MAP sensor a good idea?

Hmmm...

1. Squirt

2. + coil packs

3. + quads

or combine 1 and 2?

Yea seen factory 16v toyota ecu try to fuel quads leans out then way to rich due to way different vacuum. So get squirting I get all my gear from here

http://www.glensgarage.com/catalog/megasquirt-kits-c-1.html

What kind of pick up does the pug run for spark timing? cam/crank sensor? hal effect or optical etc?? need to figure out what your best spark options are fuel is easy spark can get fiddly

Yea seen factory 16v toyota ecu try to fuel quads leans out then way to rich due to way different vacuum. So get squirting I get all my gear from here

http://www.glensgarage.com/catalog/megasquirt-kits-c-1.html

What kind of pick up does the pug run for spark timing? cam/crank sensor? hal effect or optical etc?? need to figure out what your best spark options are fuel is easy spark can get fiddly

Crank angle = will have to be wasted spark?

I've got 8 Chev LS1 coil packs. I assume I'd have to trigger two at a time.

Edit: It actually has a distributor/rotor etc, but I've put in a later flywheel with 60-2 (I think) timing teeth.

had a quick look on the MS forum pugs run a Bosch VR sensor the v3 board has a VR sensor conditioning circuit built in so shouldn't be much dramas to set up a wasted spark system. As long as it provides a clean signal for triggering would be nice to scope it and check it out