P1030362.jpg

P1030368.jpg

4pf0pxj.jpg

1900 cc

XU9JA-D6B

65.5 kW ATW @ 5600 RPM :D

21 NZ owners (true)

Faults:

Slipping clutch, something funky going on with vacuum advance, brake master cylinder fubar, rear beam making noises, petrol vapour leak, shabby paint and panel...

Plans:

309 GTI rear beam, TDC sensor 'missing tooth' flywheel, LS1 coil packs, 4AGE throttle bodies, Megasquirt, 306 266 mm front brakes, later model tail lights, fire extinguisher

Purchased, stripped, and painted beam, waiting for machinist to price phosphur bronze bushes. No one stocks them in 47 and 42 mm

Waiting for friendly part time wrecker to find the other 306 caliper and check if he's got any master cylinders. Been waiting about two months now.

Pro/E ing custom 4AGE to XU9 inlet manifold.

eBayed LS1 coil packs - in transit.

Can't find a flywheel. :(

Bought clutch kit, gear linkages, 75W80, $155 worth of shaft seals... :oops:

Discussion thread

• Like 1

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plans:

309 GTI rear beam, TDC sensor 'missing tooth' flywheel, LS1 coil packs, 4AGE throttle bodies, Megasquirt, 306 266 mm front brakes, later model tail lights, fire extinguisher :D

Sounds very cool man. Can't wait to see it done, since Cams pissing around :P:D

one of mine is a little too..... still look fine 8)

was pissed I missed out on that gray jap import one on tardme with frontal damage.. awesomely enough, the dude that stroes his truck at my work with 2x whtie phase1 gtis actually secured it himself.... he's got all he wants from it so if you're after anything, namely, phse 2 lights, I can put the question to him/if they're mint, will swap them to you for LHD swaybar - strut link, and lower engine mount :P :P :P