Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Not really that exciting:

Got Mi16 missing toof flywheel.

6g1xklk.jpg

M7 clutch cover bolts FTW! :P

4ys52s1.jpg

Ebayed two sets of Phase 2 tail lights and reverse lights...

4yragt4.jpg

Silly arse sent one Valeo (top), and three Saxo (bottom) so I've only got one matching pair.

5x4n1xh.jpg

Thought I'd make hay while the sun shone, but it got dark.

66ws21y.jpg

Red = fast, plus they'll match the Jamexes in the front :P Factory colour is browny red and Wattyl Rust Kill doesn't come in browny red so it was one or t'other.

So now I'm part way through 309 GTI beam refurb, and the car has no tail lights. Hope it doesn't rain tomorrow.

Oh, and I don't know WTF the previous owners were up to with the tail lights. Most of the wires already had wires spliced into them, but the spliced in ones were cut off. Heaps of spare plugs everywhere, but parts car's the same. Do you know what that 6 (I think) pin plug thing on the passenger side is for - the one that just plugs onto a nothing block thing? Trailer wiring? Both cars had them. Will take pic tomorrow.

megasquirt's mean. I would go down that track but CBF with building the system etc tbh

You can get MS2 prebuilt for ~US$400 from memory or 'MS1 Extra' or something off a guy on TradeMe for NZ$550 + options. What's a Link worth?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... d=98367043

~$1300 on a group buy. inc map sensor and 2m loom

gay thing bout megasquirt = have to make own loom completely.. no real drawbacks though. I jsut prefer the link coz i don't have to make the loom. plus there's a bit more tech out for them in NZ. just more peace of mind fo me TBH

plugs into the back of the phase one tail light?

i think you're meanign the plug that takes the wiring over to the RHS lamp. weord system.

how ar eyou changing your wiring? I've jsut got a short loom to hook form phase one loom to phase two tails......

Na, plugs onto a plastic thing that goes no where on the inside of the inner guard (in the boot).

I pulled apart the Ph1 passenger side plug and was just going to rearrange the pins and put it back together in the Ph2 orientation, and splice in the driver side thing somewhere behind that.

gay thing bout megasquirt = have to make own loom completely.. no real drawbacks though. I jsut prefer the link coz i don't have to make the loom. plus there's a bit more tech out for them in NZ. just more peace of mind fo me TBH

Yeah, I hate electronics, but get even more confused when it's diaphragms, floats, needles, bowls etc, and about 4000 little screws.

Loom can't be that hard :P

With MS (and probably others) you can just have a fat computer wire thing going from the ECU to a relay box in the engine bay, and run all the wires from that. Saves trying to get them all routed and in one bunch to go through the firewall I s'pose.

Ricing it up a bit...

4pj4pvs.jpg

Reverse light FTWOFW :P (for CaM)

Mmmm. I always do the least important jobs first. Hardest bit's pulling the wires out of donor car and routing them.

6bnexro.jpg

Before/after

I'll probably get rear-ended tomorrow. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Not at 30k around town in the wet D: You know the hairpin bend on domain drive near the tennis stadium in town? Yea, not fun on the second day of pug ownership.

Mr 195/50 C-Drives on the front and 185/55 Kingstars on the back :P