• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Since we last met, it's rolling on 309 GTI front wishbones and driveshafts for -ve camber, H&R springs and Koni adjustables. I put an Mi16 gearbox because my old one was vibrating in neutral. Ratios are for getting a heavier car with less low-down torque off the line so is quite fun. It still vibrates a bit though so maybe it was the clutch plate all along :oops: Also, the bolts holding the old box on had come undone a bit, perhaps amplifying it. But the (relatively new) oil that came out was black and yuck.... I = confused.

Swapped front pads from side to side and went for a fang in the dark and wet. Seems to pull up a lot straighter. Was hoping it would pull right then I could bin the pads/1144 them. Should know more tomorrow on my mean brake testing off ramp providing I don't get stuck behind some n00b doing like 40 km/h.

It's also the cleanest it's been since I bought it. I also bought some meke tyres to go on my spare rims but haven't had them put on yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...

An update! More 16v ITB goodness please.

Heck.

In the 5 years since Brad's post, I daily drove it for a year or so, then parked it for about 3 years and in late 2012, took a week off work and whacked an Mi16 in it (or mostly watched someone else put it in and made coffees and fetched beers).

24mhjr8.jpg

s486pu.jpg

2el9oj7.jpg

1268cw2.jpg

pmyz9.jpg

2zdx83q.jpg

wi2bf6.jpg

• Like 2

Then I faffed around for ages whacking in some different shocks and trying to get a spring length/rate/ride-height combination I liked

huoidj.jpg

10pnhnq.jpg

3465l6d.jpg

2v193wz.jpg

And bought some wheels

6zvhn8.jpg

And Cletus gave it a tick

4tqds4.jpg

x6frk3.jpg

And I don't think I've driven it since. Haha.

• Like 5

Like.

Looking good peter!

How close in your master cyl to your cam cover? It it touch spec like mine?

Keen to get mine a cert tbh.

It was touching so I dropped engine down on the top mount and filed the shit out of the cambelt cover and then whacked it back up again.
  • Like 1