cruise: 10pm friday

pies

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems a bit silly to go to a 4cyl? They are heavy as (the jza80) :?

Would it be worth it?.. Badass engines though but then again so are 2jay-zeees

There are a greast deal of benifts, the fact that the motor mounts alot further back within the engine bay gives the jza80 much better weight dsitrubtion, also the 3rz can make insane power for a 4 cyliner upwards of 400kw can be achived with rods pistons and mild head work his has been proven by the crazy ass porto ricans. So why not be different new zealand has way to many sheep who just follow trends

Seems a bit silly to go to a 4cyl? They are heavy as (the jza80) :?

Would it be worth it?.. Badass engines though but then again so are 2jay-zeees

There are a greast deal of benifts, the fact that the motor mounts alot further back within the engine bay gives the jza80 much better weight dsitrubtion, also the 3rz can make insane power for a 4 cyliner upwards of 400kw can be achived with rods pistons and mild head work his has been proven by the crazy ass porto ricans. So why not be different new zealand has way to many sheep who just follow trends

3RZ is a wicked motor, they've got forged rods from factory don't they?

I agree with you. The RB band wagon has proven that, but you can't go past a 2jz simply because so many people do it. The weight is the only good reason I can see to go past it.

The stroky little 3RZ doesn't seem like a better option to me though, wouldn't you be better to go for one of the new lexus v6 engines? I've heard of a few nice conversions overseas with these. I can't remember the code, but a 3-3.5 litre NA V6 making 200kw+ from the factory sounds pretty hard to go past..

I agree with you. The RB band wagon has proven that, but you can't go past a 2jz simply because so many people do it. The weight is the only good reason I can see to go past it.

The stroky little 3RZ doesn't seem like a better option to me though, wouldn't you be better to go for one of the new lexus v6 engines? I've heard of a few nice conversions overseas with these. I can't remember the code, but a 3-3.5 litre NA V6 making 200kw+ from the factory sounds pretty hard to go past..

Yeah the new toyota v6's are very horny, but theres jsut somthing so dirty about a 3rz in the jza90 shell :P