cunty old engines

pies

right. sick of this fucken engine now. PS broke for the second time this morning.

but that aint what themain prob is

its damn hard to start and once its going, try to turn it off and it runs on like a bitch.

what do i need to smash/replace to fix it?

its damn hard to start and once its going, try to turn it off and it runs on like a bitch.

Is this where I say get a pinto..... oh wait I'm not a hater :lol:

Like the other guys said timing or octane is probably it. Other causes can be the Run on valve/solenoid is bung or needs adjusting (some cars have them some don't). Hot spots in the combustion chamber like carbon build up or cracked valves. Are you running a hot plug if it's too hot this could also be causing the run on.

Check the timing, full up with 96 or 98 if it's still happening give the carb a slow trickle from the garden hose with a fast idle to steam clean the combustion chambers.

Check the timing, full up with 96 or 98 if it's still happening give the carb a slow trickle from the garden hose with a fast idle to steam clean the combustion chambers.

^ straight from waitangi day no doubt. that's rangi shit

It's cheaper than the BS upper cylinder cleaner and it works a treat. You'd be surprised how much water they can drink. Ever seen a head pulled from a car running water injection?

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_injection_(engines)

An interesting side effect that has been reported by some is that water injection effectively "steam cleans" the engine interior, resulting in less carbon residue buildup. Glowing hot carbon deposits are a known cause of knocking.