stud removal

pies

ok. stud is on the downpipe flange of the exhaust housing. there are three of em. im 90% sure they have threadlock on em, which is why i was asking cos usually i would just use the 2nut method mentioned previously

sorry for the vauge-ness previously, i was eating dinner :P

heat and shock . eg put nut on end of it tehn slam with hammer they'll probably be one with the downpipe now so probably have to cut and drill out if u use a pilot drill then a bigger one should be no prob then just clean the thread out and re-tap it

heat and shock

Yep, this breaks the bond between the threads then I wd40 the crap out of it and do the 2 nut bizzo...... or I snap it off, then snap off an easy out in there while trying to remove it.... then take it in to an engineering shop and pay someone who knows what they are doing :?

I've also used the 2 nut trick with vise grips on the shaft as well for extra torque.

It pays to use high temp anti-seize when bolting exhaust stuff back together... espacilly on turbo engines. You'll thank yourself next time it needs to be pulled apart.

heat and shock . eg put nut on end of it tehn slam with hammer they'll probably be one with the downpipe now so probably have to cut and drill out if u use a pilot drill then a bigger one should be no prob then just clean the thread out and re-tap it

agreed.

heat, bang, turn

if u can..bang and turn at the same time