New Guys 1975 Triumph Dolomite

Muzzie

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

got this s my bakground at work at the moment. boss just saw it and gave me a speil on them, he did his apprenticeship on this sorta thing.

avid fan it seems

was saying the worst part of them was getting the heads off, as the alloy used to 'grow' around the head studs(brits had a cunt of a time with alloy, especially leyland), and to get the off you and to soak them in CRC for a day or two...

reckon's they were badass as though

mint. lovin it. plans?

Well today we didn't have much to do at work so i finally got some decent insurance organised, booked it in for a wof tomorrow, most likly fail but ill know what i gota do to her back on the road.

Plans for it, get a gas tank that has a gauge that works and doesnt leak when it is full, lol also lowering the car all around so it handles a bit better, have the rims painted, and get some basic sounds upfront and sound deaden the doors road noise is freaking loud.

When i can afford it and find out a good way to do it up grade the brakes as they are shit when they get hot, and being a auto they get pretty hot.

PS i did not know that there was a thread here, i was wondering why i had no replies where my pics are but i now understand.

Almost got a 1850 last year , Very nice mate makes me regret pasting it up, and rare the "Sprint". Awesome. Why are you running on SU's and not the factory fuel injection?

There were not many sprints made with the fuel injections, they were manily put in the triumph 2000s and 2500s, these are a bit quicker.

cheers For the Comment

Nice, always liked these. The dual headlights looks awsome in the pic with lights on.

That is one of my favourite shots i love the front on them and the front spolier that is suposed to aid the brake cooling, lol makes it look low at the front.

got this s my bakground at work at the moment. boss just saw it and gave me a speil on them, he did his apprenticeship on this sorta thing.

avid fan it seems

was saying the worst part of them was getting the heads off, as the alloy used to 'grow' around the head studs(brits had a cunt of a time with alloy, especially leyland), and to get the off you and to soak them in CRC for a day or two...

reckon's they were badass as though

Yea, that is only if they get hot, we have like 6 engines for these so not a big problem there, once its on the road ill take it to doctor repower and itl get a tune up.

But yes it is true

Well, I failed

On ok stuff though sourced some parts today.

Failed on:

Both of the Top ball Joints at the Front

Steering rack boot had a tear in it

Front Shock Mount rubbers Worn

Kinder gutted but i sourced most of the parts this after noon, and will be picking them up most likly on sunday, so i have it already for next weekend.

Ahhhhh well

got some new Spax Gas adjustables and 1inch lower ride height springs.

They are british and they are pretty much the only thing i have found that will work on my cars, will post some pics of the gear tomorrow.

Also shock was bent from a accident when i didnt have it so it hasn't been replaced, so this could fix my steering problem, plus to the right when you go over good bumps or brake lol.

up date tmz night