New Guys 1975 Triumph Dolomite

Muzzie

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to tightened the head up to about 60 to 65 pund to see if it makes a bit more of a difference.

Gunna fit the air cleaner tonight and block the heater hole up.

I took the heater out as it aint working and its always in the way when your working on the car.

Also less weight haha

Car seems to be running fine and no leak to be seen.

Scored a new inhibtor switch today so ill be able to get a wof hopefully.

Most likly will have to get my balljoints redone, and get a cert for the adjustables?

Took a video of me cruising but it was 126megs lol

Sounds awesome

Hope i can make it to a oldschool meat one day........

Just been for the night cruise drove round my local area for about half an hour.

Came home parked it up Boe and jumped out and listened for any bubbling and i could not hear a thing like i could hear the other night. I carn't see any water a bit of oil i think maybe that is just sitting there from when it did leak i will try clean that oil off tomorrow to see if anything else is comeing through.

YAYAYA

Cheer Boe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

are diff and front brakes better spec in the old one or something???

for clutch lines and shit just go in to any brake place, they should either be able to do it for you or recommend somewhere to go, don't let them send it out because that just means they're putting their price on top and there's heaps of places that do it.

just do a measure with a wire coathanger to find length if you haven't got an old one to take in. also they probably won't want to bend it to shape, just do it yourself, i used two small spanners to get tight bends, you should work it out.

oh yeah, + 1 for sweet little car.

cheers

Matt

Mean boe. Looks like alot of hard work. Worth it though. The red shell looks a bit rusty. What are you plans paint & panel wise?

Right Now, i have just changed over the diff and subframe and the steering components. Which took up alot of time because of having to put the running gear back into the other car so its still rolling etc.

Shell isn't to bad but there is no bad as bog which makes it alot better and the chassis isnt bent and the tyres line up and sit right.

Gunna be using my doors and boot.

Panel and paint will be put on hold.

Firstly i want to get the motor and gear box in there again, make sure everything is gunna work out all sweet, get new driveshaft made etc etc.

Just gota get the main chassis rust (Battery Leaked) out of the way then i can start getting the engine,box,exhaust sorted.

Then when shes running sweet and that i will get the rest of the rust done, sand back and paint,most likely in a red but not the gay orange that it was resprayed in over the sexc dark red under.

Wanna be sure that the running gear is gunna be mint before i go and waste a whole heap of time panel and painting her.

I will be re do the roof also.

are diff and front brakes better spec in the old one or something???

for clutch lines and shit just go in to any brake place, they should either be able to do it for you or recommend somewhere to go, don't let them send it out because that just means they're putting their price on top and there's heaps of places that do it.

just do a measure with a wire coathanger to find length if you haven't got an old one to take in. also they probably won't want to bend it to shape, just do it yourself, i used two small spanners to get tight bends, you should work it out.

oh yeah, + 1 for sweet little car.

cheers

Matt

Was just going to go to hydralink or some shit i have the old hoses that i need to be re made.