cams pug

Sparkle

Hmm.. for trip over we'd really want to make sure I'm going to be able to fix it. Is it worth trying to source a new watercap? I'm guessing it will be an easy fix if its just a matter of a clogged/fucked thermo, but might not be that simple. Ohwell... tow mish on. Hope you don't want the front bumper Cam :P

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hoping to recover all costs of car by selling a few bits, firslty fixing problem of thermostat (bain of my life. spent most of the day fixing my 405 thermostat housing, yet to complete it due to not being a maori and need an o-ring for dizzy) and run it for a few days to gauge engine condition, then head off, wuick scutch up of ports, possible grumpy cams, etc etc. re-rin and bearing if required and all that. alledgedly she hasn't cooked it too bad, but yeah, i'm sure I'll find out. best engine i could find was of unknown mileage, and over a grand without ancillaries, aside form one which another forum member pointed me toward, but that unit had popped H/G and was a grand so I swayed from it, but yuh, I think I got a pretty sweet deal. early days yet though.

At worst I'll end up a couple of hundy down, with a few good bits for the SRi under my belt, and a few spares for the 205.

oh boe.... lol front bumper would pwn my face on the SRi, it should have a hook protruding though.....

thermostat = bout an hour to change too. will cal lthe chick that's go tit tomorrow though dude, and possibly call you dutring the day or some shit. will try get her to let me keep it there for antoher week. I think that's only reasonable, given how much of a sexpot i am

Nice. I paid $700 for a completely rooted Mi16x4...

Flogging off bits is a pain in the arse though. Recouped a few dollars - but if I had a whole car to work with it'd be MUCH easier.

There was a reason for using the 1.9 alloy engine instead of the xu10... but I can't for the life of me remember. Pete begs to differ but I'm sure there was a reason. Meh. :D

Either way, will be a nice upgrade. You'll probably have it done before I will have mine done anyway...

I need enough space to start a pug farm :(

If you need a place to park it for the week you're welcome to use my driveway (in auckland though) - if she's coming up this way for any reason or anything.

Check your ecu - then google the bosch code - if it's a motronic 1.3 you'll have an easy job (as the loom is identical except for a knock sensor iirc). If it's jetronic or the earlier motronic (4.1) it's harder. The motronic 1.3s use a crank angle sensor and whatnot - coil packs rather than a rotating distributor.

I've done quite a lot of research on the matter so feel free to ask if you can't find the answer - I may know. May :P

Yeah, I could have sworn that he said something about txting her to suss it out. Then I thought it was in another thread.. shit I dunno!!

CaM's good with dirty messages. The best infact! :wink::D

-->

will cal lthe chick that's go tit tomorrow though dude, and possibly call you dutring the day or some shit. will try get her to let me keep it there for antoher week. I think that's only reasonable, given how much of a sexpot i am

Yeah, I could have sworn that he said something about txting her to suss it out. Then I thought it was in another thread.. shit I dunno!!

CaM's good with dirty messages. The best infact! :wink::D

-->

will cal lthe chick that's go tit tomorrow though dude, and possibly call you dutring the day or some shit. will try get her to let me keep it there for antoher week. I think that's only reasonable, given how much of a sexpot i am

Yeah thats it! Fuck I'm confused now! :cry::cry: