Max's Ke70 Wagon 2TGEU Speeduino Discussion

Interested to see how this goes.  Haven't personally seen speeduino used as an engine ecu etc.  Usually megasquirt or mainstream ecus.  Id just make sure the ecu can work with the particular sensors and the trigger wheel lobe count.
I have a few 2tgeu spares if required.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AE25 said:

Interested to see how this goes.  Haven't personally seen speeduino used as an engine ecu etc.  Usually megasquirt or mainstream ecus.  Id just make sure the ecu can work with the particular sensors and the trigger wheel lobe count.

Speeduino is very flexible, so sensors won't be an issue as long as you can work out the calibration of them, and most trigger patterns are supported now. Its basically just a cheaper, more frequently updated, Megasquirt these days.

Cool project, looking forward to seeing more progress

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AE25 said:

I’ve got Max putting the guts of a blacktop 4age dizzy into the 2tg dizzy at the moment so that should sort triggers, 2tg injectors run a resistor box so need to find some injectors that don’t need that. It looks like the Speeduino is similar to a megasquirt. I’ve been watching tuner studio videos to get my head around that

4 hours ago, yoeddynz said:

You'll be fine using the dizzy triggers. So many Japanese cars did just that with no worries. 

Are you going to run full sequential injection? 

That will depend on what coils we find kicking around I think. We may end up with wasted spark purely based on there being free coils in the shed somewhere. Max comes from the days of importing series 1 RX7s from Japan cut in half and welding them back together again, so there is a bunch of amassed stuff between his various sheds.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigfoot said:

I have some VR4/Evo coils if you wanted to run them

Those could fit the bill, are they run individually or in a wasted spark config and what are you wanting for them? Maxy is a bit of a hoarder/hotrodder/tight ass so I'm pretty sure he will scrape something out of somewhere, but good to have a backup plan. 

7 hours ago, yoeddynz said:

Those speeduinos offered by kiwi efi are a bloody bargain for a built up ecu with a decent plug. 

Yeah, good plug, good case. I was originally looking at building one, but didn’t think I could build one for the price