Daves weird hobby......

Muncie

These things new start at over $2k I buy them fix them up with new parts if needed and move them on at a fraction of that and someone gets an awesome gadget and i get a few hours in the garage win win.

Somewhat rewarding. And no I don't have a spare room full of them yet though ive probably fixed up and moved on ten of them now.

• Like 7

Bit of test this morning clean the yuck from the work car. Yup does that also used the hose attachment and "turbo! Head" to unravel all my daughter's hair out of the back seat as its the ginga moulting season.

Before:

IMG_20230304_102719_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

I'm sure we had one of these back in the 90s.  Does all the vacuumed up crap go through the fan then into the bag?

Our family one sounded like an orchestra of children playing the recorder being fed into a wood chipper.

It got replaced by a nice quiet Dyson that sounds like a F-86 at takeoff thrust

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/03/2023 at 20:44, Muncie said:

@keltikYup it's a mulching vacuum. Really good for detailing cars because you can chop and change attachments and suck up dry fries out from under your seats. You can even get a paint sprayer for it.

my grandad said he once painted a car with a vacuum cleaner lol

• Haha 2

On 10/03/2023 at 20:44, Muncie said:

@keltikYup it's a mulching vacuum. Really good for detailing cars because you can chop and change attachments and suck up dry fries out from under your seats. You can even get a paint sprayer for it.

my grandad said he once painted a car with a vacuum cleaner lol

also there was a vintage hoover at the chch eco shop if anyone wants to be a sick as muncie. no idea if they are any good but it looked cool

I kinda got sucked into (pun not intended) buying extra vacuums to get all the attachments for the one I already had.

My old man used the spray attachment to hose used engine oil on the fence like stain and weed killer all in one.

His neighbours thought he was nuts out on the lawn vacuuming the fence...... 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

What year is yours @Muncie?? Mines a 1999 Gsix.. found a couple of drive belts last night in the box of bits that were with the Kirby.. got it working for the first time in 15 years or so. I've got a plastic caddy with a heap of attachments, a flexi hose and the wet carpet cleaning head. Thought there was more attachments, but they must of been thrown out over the last couple of house moves.

I really need to give it a Autosol like you did.. mines looking like it's been sitting outside under a tree for 10 years.