dmulally's pimpin' Imp

fuel

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She runs! But doesnt stay running so Ill need to figure out what carbs they are and run a kit through them. 

Screenshot_20230924-1147352.png.498565c7bb55ae52cfe1753106490640.png

Now I know she is a runner Ill compression test it and start to assemble it correctly. I need to sort an alternator bracket and fan pulley belt etc. Gear box seems to work too. 

Does anybody know if I can take out that oil pressure sender (which has been cut off so is pissing oil) and the horizontal bolt on the left to run an oil cooler? Or should I get one of those sandwich adapters from ali baba for $10?

Screenshot_20230924-1149392.png.786c4814dfbcfc6cd77035a52b80c116.png

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, yoeddynz said:

Oooooooh. Where did you get that spoiler from? 

No idea. I got it for the Scimitar but it doesn't fit the chin profile so was in the spares bin. Pretty sure I got it from Trademe. 

I'm just trying to push more air through the radiator. That I'll look like the coolest kid on the block with a chin spoiler is an added bonus. I might copy that mesh below too. 

spacer.png

• Like 6

The plot thins!

Regardless of who is married to whom, I'm thinking about turning the Imp into a bit of a 70's inspired theme with some feathered stripes. I'm not sure I'll go all the way with gold metal flake paint. But am thinking of fat tires with white letters and orange stripes feathered at the rear. 

• Like 2