NickJ

Nick's Datto 1600

If you're keen on pulling the carbs to bits, we can sort you out with using the wet blaster (vapor blaster) at uni. It cleans up aluminium casting like nothing else I've ever used. Simply amazing.

internal coating stuff sounds like complete waffle.

Just now, ProZac said:

If you're keen on pulling the carbs to bits, we can sort you out with using the wet blaster (vapor blaster) at uni. It cleans up aluminium casting like nothing else I've ever used. Simply amazing.

internal coating stuff sounds like complete waffle.

Seriously? well keen on that, was planning on dropping the whole lot off to a fella I know with one, the finish is just awesome! 

There are posts about Nissan throttle bodies that strong cleaners rip a coating off, my interpretation was guys pulled the butterflies and never took care to seat them properly, giving the impression of a removed coating.

how much do you have to strip down for blasting or do you just have at it?

For the throttlebodies I'd strip them completely last part. The media will get everywhere. It's worth it though. Get all the steel bits zinc plated and gold chromated, they'll look better than brand new :-). Hit me up on the ol faebos and we'll sort it :-).

Just now, ProZac said:

For the throttlebodies I'd strip them completely last part. The media will get everywhere. It's worth it though. Get all the steel bits zinc plated and gold chromated, they'll look better than brand new :-). Hit me up on the ol faebos and we'll sort it :-).

Sounds good, i'll have a close look at what I have to do to strip them and be in touch about blasting "It won't happen overnight, but it will happen"

Darn you for suggesting gold chromate, that is actually a really good idea

9 hours ago, ProZac said:

cheap too, chch metal refinishers do good work :-)

More I think about this, the more we need to discuss the details further!

If you do one component you will have to do every component or your OCD won't rest

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ajg193 said:

If you do one component you will have to do every component or your OCD won't rest

Quoted for truth. It's a slippery slope!

Thanks guys, i'm trying to ignore the incoming realities right now