EpochNZ's 1973 Saab 99 - Discussion

EpochNZ

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I know someone who would take that rusty challenge on as a new project:)

But I would actually most definitely and up as a single fella and have to hang around with my new buddies as a proper Barry on the 'lonely hearts thread', exclaiming the the virtues of putting British engines into Swedish cars and why handbrakes on the front wheels are so good, whilst I eat my new default dinner of cheese on toast (which is btw the best food in the world but no, it apparently should not be eaten all the time so I've been told) 

So anyway... PLEASE DO NOT PADDOCK THRASH THIS CAR! It's just way to cool, and rare, for that to happen. 

Instead. Grow some man sized balls and step up to the plate and start fixing it. It's with it and you'll get a big hug and some beer from me and others on here for doing so :-) 

Or pass it on to someone else on oldschool who will. Not part it out and so kill agnetha.  

I wanna see this rescued :-)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If the roof is solid and dent free then it's all good from there on. Nice thing if the door skins are straight too. Everything else is just easy edges. If it's mainly rust under the car then it only has to be repaired to a strong wof standard. Doesn't have to be factory perfect or showroom straight. 

• Like 4