SOHC

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found another crack in that 341 block and I cannot be fucked with it anymore I am going to rebuild the K321 witch is in the tractor, I whipped it out and pulled the head off to confirm bore size and broke one head bolt in my haste witch I now have to drill out, crank shaft is rooted, someone snapped the threaded end off for the flywheel and arc welded a new one back on but I have another crank, and I would machine it off and drill and tap it for a bolt if I didn't,

Still kind of in two minds about building up the 16hp, but I think the 14hp will be a better motor and ether way I can make one out of the 2 but its going to cost some money.     

IMG_2987_zpsqlvpl0ci.jpg

I took the orinagle K321 motor from the tractor apart, and ordered a new piston and gasket set, valves and guides, governor gear, and main bearings, I have a new rod to, I chucked the balance gears in the scrap bin like everyone recommended, most motors they have already been ditched, I made a new exhaust pipe as the old one consisted of plumbing fittings and a Mondau muffler, got the old Coby off my Volvo to make a stack exhaust.

I will get the block bored and the crank ground when the parts get to nz, stator for the charging system is bad I think but I have another one from the 341, I gave it a bit of a port job, smoothed out the inlet port, it had two big steps witch I smoothed out, and I smoothed the eyebrows round the valves a little, I got rid of the exhaust stub witch screwed into the port and made it about a 1" hole and made a bolt on flange.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Didn't really take any photos but its all back together, did two heat cycles on the engine today, it would be all done but I need 2 grub screws to hold the front pulley on, engine dosnt clatter or smoke like it use to, I got rid of the counter balance gears in the motor as they are shit and time bombs. 

Also made a trailer, I need one of those hitches for it tho.     

On 3/3/2018 at 17:48, Mof said:

Needs a mini plow to tow behind it 

I just built a mini trailer for it but I need a hitch to complete it, I will get some photos tommrow. I have an old single furrow plow that I found that could be made to fit but I have no use for one, I need to make something to get rid of the hump with develops in the middle of our driveway