A 300ZX - NA to TT fun times

Datsun280z

8 hours ago, RUNAMUCK said:

Would it be rude to ask what kind of $$$ a non turbo manual one of these sells for now days? 

I have heard they're a bit tight to work on too.

They are around the 4 to 5K mark mate depending on condition etc.

Yea engine bay is cosy alright but not all that hard really.

• Like 1

I had a TT Z32 11 years ago bought it with a blown auto box no one wanted to work on it so bought tools and a box out of a Nissan cima and threw it in.  Tight to work on but not that bad. There's a guy on the  nz 300zx forum's who writes chips for them that are real good mine with a single 3.5" exhaust sat at 12 psi with no boost control and was utterly lethal. Great work great car.

• Like 2

On Friday, February 10, 2017 at 17:45, RUNAMUCK said:

Would it be rude to ask what kind of $$$ a non turbo manual one of these sells for now days? 

I have heard they're a bit tight to work on too.

Workmate picked up an NA auto for $700 the other week, be a good base for a turbo/manual swap, if pedal boxes are easy enough to find.

• Like 1

IMG_9163_zpsl2gfomml.jpgIf anybody is interested I know where there is a N/A 2+0 car just sitting with rego on hold. It used to be mine and I have considered offering to buy it a couple of times but can't really justify it. It is a real shame to see it just sitting in a driveway unused as it was a real nice car not that long ago as you can see from the photo. If anybody is interested in saving it I can let you know where to find it. Its in the Auckland area. 

• Like 1

Pretty sure you could get it cheap. Bit of a sad story on this car it was actually stolen from my garage and the dirty rats who took it did some damage to the interior and took the nice wheels etc. At the time I foolishly took the cash from the insurance company and let the car go. The chap that has it now purchased it from the insurance company and I understand he has another 2+0 donor car with all the required interior parts but he has never done anything with it. It hasn't been officially on the road for ages but I understand the rego is on hold and it's still a runner so could and should be saved. PM me if you would like more info and I would be happy to go and knock on his door as I drive past it most days. I would be very happy to see this car find a good home.