Peter's Oldschool Practical Daily SW20 Saga

V8Pete

Forgot to mention there's a decent cafe at the Milford Sound lodge. Hope the sandflies weren't too deadly

Haha. Yeah, sounds like the only decent place there, but once you get there, there's no Google/phone to figure these things out. Didn't see a single sandfly.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit yeah stoked you made it to Milford on such a good day!! So much snow too. You can do lunches on most of the cruises that are often pretty good, the buffets are sweet etc. the cafe is always like that, nothing left and the prices are crazy, you just gotta go prepared for that I guess. Kingston looks good too, go for a blat up the Remarks and Coronet Peak access roads, Glenorchy is a nice drive too

• Like 2

Shit yeah stoked you made it to Milford on such a good day!! So much snow too. You can do lunches on most of the cruises that are often pretty good, the buffets are sweet etc. the cafe is always like that, nothing left and the prices are crazy, you just gotta go prepared for that I guess. Kingston looks good too, go for a blat up the Remarks and Coronet Peak access roads, Glenorchy is a nice drive too

I was recommended the "Mitre Peak" cruise because allegedly they go the furthest out to sea, but they have a tiny tinnie that doesn't have food. And by tiny I mean like 75 seats. Some of the people on it came with paper bags of treats presumably as part of some package deal that I wasn't in on.