un-stationary motor racing!

yeah ok all gas burning enthusiasts out there, time to put that donk to good use before it's even in a bike/wood chipper/chainsaw

we're gona have an afternoon's racing jiggly old shit down a ramp off the back of the mighty L300 flatbed. no doubt furious betting and competetition will bring out the best in us.

Hataitai Velodrome carpark, Hataitai, Wellington

Sat May 23rd, that's this saturday

1PM

I've got me a flymo motor with some other fuel tank tied to it, shit is ooon. 

See you there!

as per red baron's blurb:

Stationary motor racing. Get that not so finished project ,fire it up, and lets race! 

11203585_836270949772725_189878962051472

MOTOR RACING 2015
Sat the 23th of May  1PM

OBJECTIVE:
To drag race stationary engines, (no wheels) with only the lumpy vibration of your running engine down a short sloped track.

RULES:
You have to be able to lift your own engine onto starting grid, (roughly waist height).
On the day we will race engines against one another in heats of 5 engines, each engine will be given a racing number.
Winning a race earns you 5 points, 2nd place earns you 4 points, and 3rd earns you 3 points.
Bonus points of 5 points will be allocated on day if your engine manages to knock over a rival engine while racing.
Random amounts of points will be deducted or race will be reset if race is un-fairly compromised.
Side betting on races is encouraged so bring your granddads rolex.

Currently we have set race date to the 23th of May but will postpone if weather doesn't co-operate.

The venue is in the Hataitai Velodrome car park Wellington.

washer-vs-dryer-race.jpg

0.jpg

• Like 8

cool pics thanks Al!

yeah great day's racing thanks to all who showed up and wrung the fuck out of a small engine.

congrats to Nic and his $10 weedeater that took it out!

luke's gona whack some footage together.

thanks all who pitched in, the ramp almost paid for itself and is now a pile of soggy chipboard mess on my 'lawn'. win!

and yeah that was a fuckin good ride. bumper turnout and plenty of laughs and carnage. i'm still sore

chur chur chur!

• Like 2